Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A question for the drybaggers

Options
kricks
kricks Posts: 244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've drybagged a couple ribeye primals and love them. Of course, I froze what we didn't eat right away in the conveniently supplied freezer bags that came with the drybag kit. So now, I've used them all up. Where does one procure replacement bags? I've looked and found a couple sites but I don't want to buy case lots. Just wanting to check in here. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Kevin,

I just use my Food Saver with Food Saver bags to freeze my steaks. I had even forgotten that the Sinbo itself - not DrybagSteak - furnished a small supply of starter freezer bags. My guess is most any brand freezer bag material OTHER than Food Saver brand will work. I know my Sinbo seals potato chip bags, cookie bags etc - all which are flat plastic material and not the patented FS bags with the air channel weave pattern.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I'm due to age another chunk. I already did ribeyes. i want to try something different and prime.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    you can't go wrong with a big ol' New York strip. Since it is thinner and has less mass I've found 35 days suits my tastes for them. OTOH I'm itchin to get a ribeye headed to a 60 day aging - I just have a little more space to free up in the refrig so that big boy can stretch out on the bottom shelf for 2 months!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    Just a follow-up here. I found this site that seems to have what I'm looking for. I've been cutting the tops or bottoms off zip locks too long! These seem reasonably priced.

http://www.dougcare.com/foodstorage/homebags.htm