Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's on your To Try list for 2011!!

2»

Comments

• My list is oh so long, since I just got my Egg. I may never use my stove again.

Bread
    Brisket
    Butt
    Planked Fish
  • Nope.

Today I got the fixin's for a Reuben either pizza or sandwich. My favorite! That means (maybe) a new pizza dough recipe, if I go for pizza.

There's alway so many new things to try I never think about brisket. I already KNOW what that tastes like! Therein lies the problem.

Your pal,

Judy, out shopping in rainy and COLD San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    What do you consider a real pizza, Leroy? Home made from scratch?
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    :ohmy: Sure hope you don't intend to serve that at a fest! :S
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    pancetta
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Bummer! I thought you would say'Loney! :laugh: :)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You will love all those cooks!
  • Yea... We've been happy with digiorno pizzas for a quick meal or Brothers Pizza when we're serious. They're just up the street. No real need to go to all the trouble building one for just the two of us.

I'm still curious though. But I tend to like 'simple' better.

Hi to Susie.

Spring "Curiously Lazy" Chicken
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,304
    Brisket (Again)
    Cheese
    Putting together my spare egg!
  • :whistle:
    win a MINI BGE :evil:
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Curing some duck, pancetta, more bacon...fish :unsure: and just more eggin' in general... :cheer: :lol: ;)
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    1 - A Pork Crown Roast, they always look terrific and I don't know why I haven't done one yet.

2 - Bread

3 - Making my own pizza dough
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    :laugh:

bacon and dry aging.
  • ClavinClavin Posts: 91
    paella
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    I'd like to break 80 and do it repeatedly.

As for my EGG. I'm not too adventurous. May try dry aging steak, and likely more appetizer foods. Oh and I'd like to bake a GOOD bread in there sometime.