Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NYE Meadow Creek cooker bash (Pic Heavy)

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hope everyone enjoyed a safe New Year, with nothing but great things in 2011 ahead!

As I posted earlier, my friend and I decided to rent a tow behind cooker from Meadow Creek, their HQ in New Holland, PA is about 40 min. from us.

With a bunch of help from picking brains of the owner of MC and a local competition guy, we set out with a good plan for getting/keeping temp. Brought it home on Thurs. for a trial run and glad we did to get familiar ahead of time.

Kept things simple...had a party of approx. 35 people. Lots of good food, beer, and laughs.

Did a few Butts (in advance for some folks New Year's Day Pork & Kraut), baby backs, brats, thighs and drums. I was very, very happy with the results...and was shocked at how good the brats and chicken ended up.

We got some great reviews on rubs and sauces we've devised...and we told 'em to be horribly honest. No sugar coating wanted at this point! If it isn't good, say it. B)

The 'First Annual Psychedelic Smoke Que Year's Eve', was not only a groovy shindig, but a real opportunity for us to demo this cooker. Plan is to purchase a like cooker will be made by us in the next year. Went through a bunch of kingsford and 80# of sticks (apple and cherry). Not nearly as efficient as the Egg! :)

Did ABTs on the Egg....they weren’t around long enough for a picture, or for a taste by me. :blush:

IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2475.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg
Me....trying to put on a sarcastic serious look...but New Castle, Lanc. Brewing Milk Stout, and Old Mud nixed that look! Awful :blush:
IMG_2468.jpg
My compeition team partner, who's last nickname for the day was 'The Technician', but earlier here as 'The Engineer', due to his hat and his keeping the cooker rolling along great for 14+ hours.
IMG_2461.jpg
We knew we were doing well, when at noon, my wife yelled out the window, "You guys look like Hillbillies!"
PyschedelicSmoke.jpg

Comments