Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rasberry Chipotle Sauce

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everybody.[p]Just recently, I saw here a recipe for Rasberry Chipotle sauce for pork tenderloin. For some reason, I can't find it now, and I have to make Pork Tenderloin with Rasberry Chipotle sauce tomorrow. Can anyone help me out with some recipes? Please? This will be my first time to do the Rasberry Chipotle sauce.. It needs to be good.. [p]Please help, thanks.[p]-James

Comments

• EggerinMO
    Options
    James,[p]Here is the one I uesed newyears it was GREAT...[p][p]
    [ul][li]Raspberry Chipotle Tenderloin[/ul]
    L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

• James, just go to the sauces and you'll find it pretty quick.

[ul][li]raspberry chipoltle [/ul]
  • Chet,
    The Ugly Brothers Raspberry/Chipotle Sauce
    As used by the Ugly Brothers to win the 1999 California State Championship Tri-Tip
    Amount Ingredient Preparation Method
    18 oz Hunts BBQ Sauce
    16 oz. Knotts seedless Raspberry Preserves
    8 oz white vinegar
    6 canned Chipotles en adobo chopped extremely fine
    3 TBS garlic crushed
    1/2 stick sweet butter
    Mix all over low-med heat and simmer until all are well mixed. This sauce is sweet and hot so you don't need too much! If you plan on using this sauce please assign a designated driver!!

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    James, I tried this for the first time over the holidays. It was impressive and easy. Next time I'll either double the chipolte, or cut everything else in half, but the chipolte. 2 pints of rasberries is ALOT.
    Scott

[ul][li]razz chipolte nectar[/ul]
  • HolySmokes
    Options
    James,
    unfortunately,
    all of the recipies I've seen here depend on prepared chipotle sauce,
    or prepared raspberry chipotle sauce. That's fine, but...[p]The sauce makes the difference, and to know what YOU'RE cooking,
    you need to make your own sauces, and even then I would argue you need
    to make your own chipotles. [p]Of course, that's extreme! oh well...[p]Short of that, the extant recipies will do... and the best I can
    do is offer good luck! Try them, modify as your taste sees fit.[p]HS
    ps. if you want recipies for chipotles email me offlist.

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]Yes, thanks. I never look at a recipe as a rulebook.. I read a few just to get some ideas, and then do whatever I think are the best ideas from the various ones I read.[p][p]
  • Billy
    Billy Posts: 68
    Options
    Didn't help much that time did I,[p]looks good to me.