Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Training

Mr Holloway
Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'd like to thank ThirdEye and Bubba Tim for the info on their sites. Great stuff :)

This was my first go at a brisket. I actually just tasted my first brisket this summer at NiEggaraFest. It was superb.
This cook was for practice, so no stress to have it ready for a meal. I started this early in the morning so I could watch how the Egg operates.

Some pics
The brisket was rubbed with mustard then Dizzy Dust(Thanks Mike) Left in the fridge,overnight
brisketrubbed.jpg

Next morning, up at 5am and had the fire stabilized and ready to go at 7am. Brisket went on.
Brisketon.jpg

Now the hard part. Hands off :laugh:
Leave it alone, let the Egg do it's thing
Ran a steady 250
Steady250.jpg

Had my first peek at hour 7, the smell was unbearable
Brisket7hrs.jpg

This is when this bad boy settled into it's plateau for a long winters nap :laugh: It was interesting to watch. At hour 15, I had a internal temp of 196 and it was feeling pretty tender. A little corner even fell right off :evil:
It was pulled and put in a cooler.
Brisketdone-1.jpg

The point was removed, seasoned and put back on for a few hours
Point.jpg

It was getting late so I pulled the point after 3 hours and put everything in the fridge.
Just got a couple of pics the next day before guests arrived for dinner(they would NOT understand taking pics of food :angry: )
This was the point. It was chopped up mixed with some SBR. Reheated on the Egg. Amazing, simply amazing
BurntEnds.jpg

This is a pic of the brisket. I just cleaned up the side I was picking at :evil: This is cut with the grain
Brisketdone.jpg

We served this to our guest and they loved it. It got gobbled up pretty quick. Very tender, great beef flavour were the comments. :)
This was a lot of fun, and I have a great respect for this cut of meat and what it takes to cook it. Was great to see how well the Egg works on these type of cooks. Will try another real soon.

Thanks for looking

Shane

Comments