Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do a drain cover and the BGE have in common?

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
03_26_0015_15_01.jpg
<p />I was down to my last BGE fire grate and wanted to BBQ over this Memorial Day weekend... to find out what they have in common, check out the link.[p]Have a great day!
[ul][li]Green Floor Drain[/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Looks alot like the trivett but with smaller holes - should work just as well. Too bad it wouldn't stay green.[p]
    Tim -- > cooking ribs tonight

• Gfw
    Options
    Tim M, I had to cook it a long time to get the paint off... but, it would have been nice if it were made of "BGE Green Cast Iron"![p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Gfw, first of all thanks for the camera offer. Presently I have two incomplete rolls in two cameras...don't ask me why I keep two going all the time...and surely one out of those with my BGE and table will be worthy of being enlarged. Guess what I was really thinking about was more of a graphic image to use in the dividers within the notebook. Anyway, back to my point...how did the metal drain grate work for you? Had you been using metal before? I finally discovered my error in earlier days was from cleaning the fire box each time and throwing away the small pieces. Now I just stir once and add more each time!
    PS don't ya hope this rain stops before too long?!!! Ron

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    Options
    RRP, The drain cover works well - I did steak last night and jerky today with no problems - yesterday was the 1st attenmpt.[p]I used to take lots of pictures with my Minolta - very occasionally, I would even get them developed. By the time that I did, I typically lost interest in the subject. The neat thing about digital cameras is that you can shoot and view immediately. If you don't like the picture merely hit the delete button. Want an enlargement, my printer prints really great 8x10 photos at a resolution of 2400x1200 dpi - really crisp.[p]Rain rain go away, the sun will be here tomorrow - I hope!