Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy New Year - Italian Beef!!

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited 9:16PM in EggHead Forum
This is a 6 lb. sirloin tip roast, rubbed heavily in garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, S&P.

On the egg at 380 dome til 125 degrees internal. This smelled really, really good while cooking......it took 2 1/2 hours~

PC313830.jpg

Brought it in and chilled overnight. Sliced it thin on the slicer.....

P1013857.jpg

A nice pile-o-meat!

P1013860.jpg

Next the drippings were mixed with some beef broth, white wine, and worchestershire. The rare beef is dipped in the "juice" for a minute or two:

P1013861.jpg

And here is the sammie, on a hard Chicago roll, which I cut and dipped both sides in the broth, served with some Giardiniera:

P1013862.jpg

Oh yeah, and with some nice red wine with a red cork!

P1013864.jpg

I hope I did not offend any Chicage peeps. Thanks to Large Marge and FLpoolman for the idea/help.

Happy New Year to all my Egger friends!

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    That is FABULOUS!I made the mistake of reheating mine in da gravy.TOO done.And Dunkin the roll is CLASSIC! ;) I did have homemade Jar-di-na-ra! :)
  • That is my kinda eats!!! :) wow ;) 2 sammies to go please
  • Hoss, homemade is great, but I wanted to taste the real Italian stuff for my very first try of the beef. I'm sure yours would be great on this sammie!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Faith, Beautiful!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looks awesome...I love Italian Beef. ;) :laugh:
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    In the words of the famous Hoss
    "girl you just flung a cravin on me"
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Faith, That looks awesome! Must admit, the dipped hard roll really got my mouth watering! Nice touch! :laugh:
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,155
    Wow!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Nice Italian beef sandwiches Faith! :)

How do you like your slicer?
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You knocked it outta da park! ;)
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    It looks perfect! Great sammies at your house today, no doubt. :laugh:
  • Rebecca, the slicer works great. It's the Chef's Choice 610.
  • woohoo!!! that's fantastic Faith
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Faith loved your italian beef Haaaaaapy new year. To you mi amiga
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks fantastic Faith
    Hope you have a great 2011

Happy New Year

Shane
  • Looks good Faith.....
    I can (almost) taste it.
  • Thanks everybody! I wish you all were here to share it with me.....
  • Off The Hook!!!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks spectacular Faith!