Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This is the Best New Years Day for me ever

YBYB Posts: 3,861
edited 10:16AM in EggHead Forum
Today is the first day of retirement for me.I cleaned out my office and turned in my keys and parking pass yesterday.I have really been cleaning out my office for over a month.Hope everyone has a great year.

Larry

Comments

• Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    Oh Larry...congratulations. I just retired last May and have not stopped having fun yet. It is so much better than people even tell you. The feeling of "freedom" cannot be described. Now you have time for a visit to the Chicken Ranch ;)
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Thank you Judy...Kaye has been retired 11 years(she was just a child when she retired)and now we can travel and have fun.I was in the same job for 33 years at the Medical College and now I can relax.

Larry
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Larry, God Speed on this new leg of life. Relax and enjoy!! 33 years is a long time. I miss job security. :ermm:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Molly I am ready...I gave a four month notice but the people I worked with did not believe I would leave.I even went in 1 hour late yesterday instead of 2 hours early like I normally do.

Larry
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Larry a well deserved achievement. Congratulations to you & the best for your lovely family for 2011
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    You're gonna love it!! Retirement is the best job I've ever had!! Congratulations.
    Thanks Beli and the same for you and your girls...Hope to see you in 2011...Maybe Atlanta.

Larry
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Congrats Larry,, hope you enjoy every minute
    Thanks Dave...I already like it.

Larry
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement.
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks Pat...Hope you are having a great New Years day.We wanted to come to the Fla.Fest this year but it is Master's week and we can't leave here that week

Larry.
    Thanks Chris...I think my wife is going to keep me busy staying in the road.

Larry
  • congrats !....wish I was retired, 12 more years to go :(
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Congrats Larry! Now you will have more time for the things you love. Enjoy!
    You will probably be busier than ever. :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes, some changes later in the year for me. I'll be working more with wood and doing less teaching how others can work with wood. ;)
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,111
    That's great, Larry! Best wishes! Next Friday marks my 6th anniversary of retirement. Hard to believe that much time has already passed - but you know what? I've never looked back and enjoy everyday. One thing you may want to remember since the days run together is that the day the fat paper comes is Sunday! :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Congrats Larry...let's get together this spring and do some cookin'.... B) ;) :) :laugh:
    Thanks Kim...Hope do something here in late April.
    Larry
    Thanks Ron...Well I talked about it long enough.Look forward to just having fun and not dealing with problems everyday.

Larry
    Thanks...It will be here before you know it.I can remember when I had 10 years to go and it went way to fast.
    Larry
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Congratulations and Happy New Year. I hope that retirement means travel, hobbies, family, and all the things that you always wanted to do but could not because you had to work! ;)
    Thanks Clay...I have already been planning my days.I will have lunch with friends on Wednesday,look for Indian Artifacts on Thursday and do my yard work during the week instead of the weekends.I really look forward to spending time with my wife and doing more cooking.
    Larry
  • Enjoy Larry - Bet you will soon wonder how you had time to work.
    Thank you Elizabeth...I plan on doing all of the above.I may do some part time consulting when I get bored.LOL

Larry
    Thank you Frank...My wife retired years ago and did not have time to meet me for lunch.I have been off for three weeks using up leave but worked and cleared out yesterday.

Larry
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Happy retirement Larry!!! -RP
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    Larry,

Envious here! Enjoy it man!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Congratulations! What a great feeling that must be. Fabulous start to the new year. :)
  • Congratulations... If you haven't figured out how to sleep late, take afternoon naps and lose yourself in the shopping mall for an hour or two, you will. It's a welcome benefit to being retired.

But then there are those #%@& 'Honey-Do's'

Happy for you.

Spring "Working Harder Now That Judy Is Retired" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    YB, I am appropriately jealous. Have a Happy New Year and a wonderful time in your retirement.
    Thanks Randy...Looking forward to having fun.

Larry