Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HOW TO GET RID OF THES ANNOYING BANNERS????

danny285
danny285 Posts: 360
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know how to get rid of these things, i can click on the little red button and they leave until the next view and they come back again, it troublesome to have to scrol down to read a post each time.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Go up to the top of page and click on the little red up/down arrows. that works for me.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Me too. :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • danny285
    I clicked on the red button and they left but when i clicked on cookinbikers post they were back.
  • danny285
    cookn biker could you try to get get this resolved as you seem to have a very large following here.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Scroll your cursor over the very top of the page until you find "Hide Top" . . . see if that helps. I just tried this option so I won't have to continually scroll down to read the responses. HTH
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    You have to enable (?) cookies so it will remember your settings
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    thanks for the tip of the hat - I was just getting ready to post that thread connection myself!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    I've tried. It all changed, for me, when I changed my password. I tried my cookies and nothing.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    That doesn't do it Dan.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Pat, What do you precisly mean by that? Thought I did something...but no
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    That is not what is going on in my case, but thanks. Should help others alot.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • danny285
    RRP all i want to do is get rid of the banners, and your link dont say or show me how to do that.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    I won't argue with you Danny, but it does too address that. Maybe you are only collapsing one of the two sets of banners. There are SPECIAL EVENTS and also EGGFEST CENTRAL. The suggestion about enabling cookies may also factor in, but I've never had to do that.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • danny285
    I never turn cookies off,
  • danny285
    I tried what rrp said and it dont work for me, i guess ill just live with it.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I clickrd on the red arrows and they went away. I went to another website and when I came back here, they were still gone. I haven't a clue why you are having problems.
  • FlaPoolman
    Molly, I know what they do but not how to explain it :whistle: so here's a link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
    basically it allows a site to remember you, your settings and preferences.
  • FlaPoolman
    Molly,,maybe different cookies, have you tried chocolate chip? :P
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Pat. That could be helpful when I can read. :woohoo: :laugh: :whistle::)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • I have the same problem except that sometimes they show and sometimes they do not. I found that your settings are specific to the computer you are using and NOT your profile.

I've played about with the settings (a lot) to get something near to what I feel comfortable with, that also don't find terribly irritating. I've posted a couple of times in the Forum Feedback topic area a request for support of more modern forum software but the consensus seems to be that the community here is satisfied with the current s/w package. Oh well, It's still a great place to learn from and be part of... que sera sera.

Keep playing with the settings until you're less irritated! :woohoo:
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Danny285,

What browser are you using?
  • danny285
    I am using internet explorer for what ist worth, sorry too offend anyone but this is annoying to me. ill just get used to it.