Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Jalapeno Sauce!

EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 180
edited 9:36PM in EggHead Forum
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone,

I got 2 lg bottles of honey and 2 jam jars of jalapeno sauce (jalapenos ground up in a vinegar sauce). Any ideas on how to use these 2 components? I was thinking of combining the 2 into a glaze for chicken or pork. Any other suggestions welcomed!!

Stef in Brunswick, Oh

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,008
    Try mixing some of the jalapeno sauce with cream cheese and serve with crackers.. Also might add some to a basic BBQ sauce to wake it up.

Sauce, BBQ, Ketchup, Jalapeno, Beer Sauce, Nate Dog

INGREDIENTS:
    1 stick butter
    1 Can Beer
    3-6 jalapenos
    2-3 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    1 Tbs chili powder
    1 Tbs paprika
    2 Tbs salt
    1 Tbs black pepper

PROCEDURE:
    1 Melt the butter. Add all the ingredients and simmer till thickened. Haven't found a better sauce for legs. It is also great on wings.

Recipe Type
    BBQ Sauce/Sauce

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Natedog, 2009/11/21
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 180
    Thanks Richard I appreciate this!