Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Atlanta Restaurant Sugesstion Needed

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited 12:00AM in EggHead Forum
All.
I am looking for a nice restaurant in Atlanta/Marietta area for my wife and I to go to tonight for our anniversary.
Seafood is off the list

Any Suggestions?

RhumAndJerk
·

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Kevin Rathbun Steak (on Krog Street)
    La Violette (on Clairmont right at I-85)
    Le Variste (on the corner of Spring and North)

You should just cook her the great pumpkin and stay home and watch Clerks.
    ·
  • The best restaurant in Atlanta is Baccanalia. It is high end but the food is unmatched.

click link...http://www.starprovisions.com/
    ·
  • IMHO...Best steak in Atlanta is Hal's.

http://hals.net/
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Muss and Turners - they cook on XLBGE!
    http://www.mussandturners.com/
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,319
    We love Brazilian Steak houses and Atlanta has at least 2 - Fire of Brazil and Fogo de Chao
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    I think there far more than two. Some better than others.

I love Fogo de Chao. However, it is best enjoyed with a large group of people. It is soical sport eating at it best.
    We actually went there as a large group for lunch on the Friday before Eggtoberfest one year.

And then there was the aweful place that we went to where they told us that they were serving the Chicken Medium Rare.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I got your back on every part of that statement...
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    I went to Fox Bros for lunch and that was pretty good but don't think the ambiance is exactly what your wife would expect. I like McKinnon's in Buckhead but that is primarily seafood. The 'Muss and Turners' suggestion looks pretty good but I've never eaten there. I think I will try it if I find myself in Smyrna. I would avoid 'Le Variste' as Max likes it and we all know Max's preferences are somewhat suspect.

I guess that leaves a very good choice for you. It is close to you, it has the ambiance your wife would like, Max has never been there and the food is exceptional - Canoe. Try it. You'll like it.
    ·
  • In Marietta (East Cobb area), try Paper Mill Grill or Ritter's...Actually both are owned by the same guy. Very very good.
    ·
  • Muss & Turner's is highly recommended if you've decided on the Vinings area. South City Kitchen is right next door and is another EXCELLENT choice.
    ·
    So where did you end up?
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    La Violette (on Clairmont right at I-85)

Wow was that ever a great choice. It was great food simply prepared at a great price. We stuck with the classics, French Onion Soup, Steak au Poivre and Chocolate Mousse. The prices were the best part of the meal.

Thank you!
    R&J
    ·
    Awesome.

It's a sleeper but I have been enjoying them for YEARS.

They have the best Duck L'Orange when they offer it and they also do rabbit on occasion that is amazing.

So glad you enjoyed it my friend!!
    ·