Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Two pork butts

EATEAT Posts: 34
edited 11:10AM in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I did this two pork butts together and came out great !!
18 hrs at 250, took them out at 195 internal.
2 hrs on the cooler resting.
Very nice!
Enrique

6f319ebb.jpg

2a6a9e0d.jpg

b10c0107.jpg
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Lookin good. Time to eat. :P
    ·
  • Them's some good lookin Butts!! Cooking three of them on New Years Eve for our annual party.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,383
    Those butts look perfect! Interesting combo of rubs. Just in case you didn't know, you don't HAVE to use a cooler, or let them rest that long. 15-20 minutes on the kitchen counter is fine. Then pull and enjoy. That's all I ever do unless the butt finishes before I'm ready to eat.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    They look really great! Pretty easy, huh.
    What is the Tajin?
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    looks mighty tasty, gotta a lot of rubs there, must be bursting with flavor! :)
    ·
  • EATEAT Posts: 34
    Thanks, yes great taste and spicy flavor.
    Tajin is a salty chilly pouder, hot, so it adds a great kick to the mix.
    I'm making two again for new years party.
    Any idea for another spicy hot mix ?
    Good tip on the cooler!
    thanks.
    Enrique
    ·
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 804
    Never heard of Tajin rub. Sounds like you kicked the pork butts up a couple of notches.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK
    ·