Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two pork butts

EAT
EAT Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I did this two pork butts together and came out great !!
18 hrs at 250, took them out at 195 internal.
2 hrs on the cooler resting.
Very nice!
Enrique

6f319ebb.jpg

2a6a9e0d.jpg

b10c0107.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Lookin good. Time to eat. :P
  • Them's some good lookin Butts!! Cooking three of them on New Years Eve for our annual party.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Those butts look perfect! Interesting combo of rubs. Just in case you didn't know, you don't HAVE to use a cooler, or let them rest that long. 15-20 minutes on the kitchen counter is fine. Then pull and enjoy. That's all I ever do unless the butt finishes before I'm ready to eat.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    They look really great! Pretty easy, huh.
    What is the Tajin?
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    looks mighty tasty, gotta a lot of rubs there, must be bursting with flavor! :)
  • EAT
    EAT Posts: 39
    Thanks, yes great taste and spicy flavor.
    Tajin is a salty chilly pouder, hot, so it adds a great kick to the mix.
    I'm making two again for new years party.
    Any idea for another spicy hot mix ?
    Good tip on the cooler!
    thanks.
    Enrique
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Never heard of Tajin rub. Sounds like you kicked the pork butts up a couple of notches.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX