Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

psssst...what's the verdict on $200 e-Bay eggs?

RRPRRP Posts: 17,382
edited 1:27PM in EggHead Forum
Surely by now someone can confirm or deny it was legit.
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I would like to know myself. :huh:
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I'm curious as well. :huh:
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,382
    Lit started that thread on Dec 20th and while the 25th and 26th weren't shippers delivery days I would have thought if e-Bay smelled a rat between the 20th and the 24th (5 business days) they would have jumped on that case. OTOH has anyone who bought one heard anything positive - or negative from e-Bay?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • I was very tempted to buy one but believe it was too good to be true. I hope they are real for those who purchased.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • I have not heard anything from the seller since I was told it would be 5 business days until the were in hand. I think tomorrow will be 5 business days
  •  
    I would have to think we will hear loud when/if they get delivered at that price.

BTW Ron, did you ever get the lawn mower rebate last summer. I had 3 qualifying and never heard anything back.

Kent
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,382
    I'm sure I did simply because I keep close track of pending items in a special file and there is nothing in there about that refund. Once closed I remove the papers whatever, but don't make a habit of keeping notes after closure. Have you tried contacting them?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Emailed seller about the shipment but NO answer. :angry:
  • LitLit Posts: 5,048
    I emailed the seller on the 24th and again today and no response. I talked to Ebay and Paypal and they both said to wait and see and if nothing shows up file a case. I am going to call the seller again tomorrow.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Give 'em 2-3 weeks for shipping....
  • beerguybeerguy Posts: 106
    I don't see any on ebay today (Monday the 27th).
  • My Monday morning went something like this.....

My 14 yo bugging rats@#$ out of me for a pair of Nike skateboard shoes that have been sold out, he found them on line, and then spent three days asking me every 5 minutes if I had ordered them or not (one of his Christmas presents). Got up this AM, went to website (obsneakers.com), looked legit, did not do my homework, made order for $80 and got a response written in broken english and incomplete sentences confirming my order.....

THEN (yes, I ALWAYS do my homework up front - this one slipped), went to web and searched obsneakers.com....not good!!! Company in China selling cheap knockoffs, with a ton of consumer complaints.....Ridiculous :unsure: :angry: :S :pinch: !!!

Called Visa, nothing they can do yet (although shout out to BOA, they have covered bad transactions on several occasions). Sent email to seller immediately cancelling order....

Anyway, I figure if we get a pair of knockoffs that last a month or so, all not lost. But feeling your pain - and to think I didnt do my homework kills me right now!!!!!!!!!!
  • Does anyone have the sellers number? Still have not heard anything and I'm about to file a claim
  • LitLit Posts: 5,048
    The sellers conteact info is below. I just called 5 minutes ago and asked for Bridgett and they said call back after 4. I am about to file a case today also if there isn't a good update. I have sent 3 emails with no response.

Contact Information for spellsolutions214
    User ID: spellsolutions214
    Name: bridgett stevenson
    Company:
    City: dallas
    State: TX
    Phone: (469) 258-4906
    Registered Since: Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 17:05:17 PDT
  • The estimated delivery date as per the ebay item is Dec. 28-January 3. Ebay buyers protection indicated "You can open a case after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date." I emailed her several times and asked for a delivery tracking number but no answer.
  • I just called and same thing, said they thought she would be home by 4. Not looking good
  • Just talked with paypal and said to go ahead and open a case with ebay. Seller is supposed to ship items within 7 business days from date buyer paid.
  • To be honest, anyone who bought these had to know it was a scam. I mean come on...NOTHING about that made sense. & what i've learned in poker is that if the story doesnt add up then its not true.
  • Yea it kinda did, however with no feedback as a seller paypal will freeze any money in the account until positive feedback is received or a tracking number shows delivered. I'm not worried I can always do a chargeback on my card as well, and being local if I could find her address go get my money back in person, lol that would be interesting