Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pinwheel

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a potentially stupid question. I've seen these pre-prepared pieces of flank steak seasoned and rolled around some provolone cheese in a local supermarket. I know this is not authentic or purist or whatever, but I'm interested in throwing on one or two next time I fire up Mr Egg (ie - tomorrow). They're only about $2.00 each and I've seen some more ornately put together with peppers and onions and what have you. My question is, has anyone ever cooked one of these? I know this may be overly obvious to others, but doesn't the cheese melt and fall through the grill to its blazing demise?[p]Should I high temp sear it or what???[p]Any help would be greatly appreciated.[p]Non-traditionalist,
Cornfed

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]My parents cook those every summer (Non-Egg though). I would keep it in the fridge until grill time. Get the Egg to 550-650 and give it a quck sear on all sides. Then put a sheet of foil(gasp!)with the edges folded up on the grill to catch any falling cheese. Lay it on the foil and dwell until desired doneness.[p]Regards,
    Jobu