Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little holiday food

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just sharing a little of the food cooked on our XL Egg on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

MOINK balls and some baby backs:
IMG_6861.jpg
IMG_6872.jpg
IMG_6881.jpg
IMG_6890.jpg
IMG_6896.jpg

Choice Prime Rib (11.9 lbs, 4 ribs) lightly smoked with a reverse sear using a triangle hanger and cast iron grate:
IMG_6905.jpg
IMG_6915.jpg
IMG_6917.jpg

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Looks MITEY YUMMEE to me. :)
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Thanks! It was! :)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    J,

Looking good!

So how is the Stoker treating you?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Kew_el_steve
    Options
    Yum!!! The Prime Rib done just the way I like it...
    B)
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    looks great. nice pics too!
    context is important :)
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great job
    Everything looks really tasty :)

Shane
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great job. It all looks delish.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'll be right over! Please send directions. :laugh: That looks wonderful - great job with the photography too. Nice bokeh! The prime rib looks perfect!!! Thanks for posting.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Hi Smitty,

The Stoker has been great! Its nice to be able to put the pit sensor close to the food to be able to get a more accurate reading of the temps they're cooking at. I've seen differences of 30-40 degrees from the Egg dome temp at times! The Stoker really helped with the Christmas day prime rib by allowing me to focus on other dishes and preparations around the house.

Thank you again for the Eggs and all the cooking tips that you've given me since July. Really my family & friends should give you a thanks as well as they've been loving the great food that has come off the Eggs!

-John

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words on the food and the pics!

Bay Area, CA