Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will you Eggers do me a favor?

Comments

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Here is my 4 yo rat terrier. She is daddy's dog in the evening, but during the day she is a superb companion to my 5 kids. She knows to be gentle around the little ones. She will 'fight' me for the pull toys, but if 7 month old Calvin wanders by, she drops her toy for him. Our 3 yo Vincent takes her toys away with impunity. It is the cutest thing.

Here is Holly looking out the window with Calvin:

d9fdad7e.jpg

Edited to add this one of Holly back seat driving:

b1dbca18.jpg

I hope you fell better soon.

Richard
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    I am so sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Here is a pic of my boy, Ace. He is 6.5 years old and we consider him our child. I hope you feel better.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    boston_stoker posted this link by gatorbait a few minutes ago,, this should help you
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1017596&catid=1
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    02.jpg

109_0993.jpg

I am so very sorry to hear that. I dread the day. Here are some shots of our rescue dogs. Think of the good times and get another as quickly as possible.

Best to you, Sweetie!

Mike

elf001-1.jpg

avril059.jpg

avril059.jpg

stars022.jpg

Christmasassortment016.jpg
  • Scoooby The Wonder Dog!

scoob08.jpg
    The Naked Whiz
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Sorry for your loss, Rebecca.

This is our American Eskimo, Miki, as a pup.

DSC_0068.JPG

Here she is a little bigger:
    IMG_0003.JPG

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I'm sorry to hear about Nadia. We lost our lab a few months ago. So sad to lose our faithful friends.

I'm having problems with photobucket lately.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    while you did not lose Nadia "this way" I hope some of you dog lovers will appreciate this. BTW My wife and I graduated from the university there in Warrensburg, MO waaaay back in 1966 where there is a beautiful bronze statute to Old Drum at the Court House.

Don't be bored - please read, if you love your dog!
    http://www.cedarcroft.com/mo/olddrum.html
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Our 2.5 year old Welsh Corgi, Lizzie. She watches over the LFGEnergy household with all her energy....

IMG_1843.jpg

Lizzy had a rough year. She has been diagnosed with possible auto-immune issue that literally cripples her during each attack (3 last year). Vets are confounded, and it makes us enjoy every day we have with her.

We are sincerely sorry for your loss........
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Rebecca:

So sorry to hear about your loss...here is Kathy with her "baby"...
    K-Bopper.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• So sorry to hear the sad news Rebecca. Nadia was a beautiful animal. She and my best friend would have loved romping in the snow together, maybe they can now. Champ was half Yellow Lab and half Golden Retriever. I rescued him from an abusive home in Bass Harbor , Maine when he was a year old. He had been beaten to the point that he was terrified of everybody. He ran and hid under a bed that he couldn't fit under the first time I saw him. After two years of intensive work with him he decided people were OK and he eventually learned to love everybody. He was a gentleman from the beginning to the end and my best friend. Everybody loved Champ.  
    DSCN6099_640.jpg

DSC_6951A_640.jpg

DSC_6935A_640.jpg

DSC_6955A_640.jpg

This was Champs and my other best friend, Puma was a small Abyssinian Cat that I acquired when she was about a year old. She had been raised with a Golden Retriever before I got her and she and Champ were the best of friends. She was a lover also and would be the first one to the porch screen door when someone would come to visit. Stranger or friend they were all greeted with her almost silent meow. Puma was born in Florida and worshiped the sun and heat. She didn't think much of the cold weather at all.
    DSC_6579AA_640.jpg

My sincerest regrets for your lose my friend,

Blair

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Sorry you lost your friend. That's a tough thing to go through. I know you will remain focused on the joy she brought to y'all.

Here's my baby.

163090_1781110411578_1353972167_31854661_5791749_n.jpg

Not the most clear but it shows her cute personality.
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Sorry to hear about your loss, losing a pet is always a very difficult thing to deal with.

This is Samson, he is no longer around, but I have great memories of the 10+ years he was around. Im sure you have many great memories to reflect on.

IMG_0151.jpg
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Rebecca,
    Kay and I are so sorry for your loss. God only loans them to us and you were blessed to have been able share your life with Nadia.
    Here is our little MollyJ, hope she helps you feel better.
    IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I lost not one, but 2 of my dogs this year. It was very hard on me and my wife. On a brighter note, we have 2 still with us! Blue, a Black Lab mix and Carmen, a Border Collie mix. They are both from the pound, as were our other 2 doggies.

100_0146-1.jpg

100_0123-1.jpg
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    536.jpg
    Gillis, my Westminster winner Otterhound. He's been gone seven years.
  • Ruger and Bo

mixdiandpond208.jpg
    Ruger and Wheels
    POLARIS022.jpg
  • So sorry for the family's loss - always difficult

Petite and Jolie

IMG_0498.jpg
  •  
    I sure am sorry to hear that. We had to do the same thing with our dog several years ago. It is still hard when I think about it. We got Buck a German Shepherd as a new pup and my middle daughter fell in love with it. My daughter was almost a pup too. Buck bonded with Alisa and it was amazing the love Buck had for the family and especially my daughter. Buck was a real woos most of the time until it came to protecting our family, which was several times during his life. There are some amazing stories about our loved family member.

My heart goes out to you in a very personal way. I need to search some film negatives and scan them in, as my daughter took all the pictures she could find of 'her' dog.

Kent
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Here's our recently adopted Libby (a 6 month old labrador):

IMG_6908.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very, very sorry for your loss Rebecca
    It is really hard to lose a pet.

Holloway
    hollowaytrail3.jpg

Chase
    chaserun.jpg

Raine
    rainerun2.jpg

Take care

Shane
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    So Sorry for your loss. Hope this helps
    Bill

AwwwIlovethisone1-1-08.jpg
    Our Rascal
    ScooterBooder.jpg
    Our Skooder
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • So sorry for your loss, Rebecca. Nadia looks like she was a great dog.

This is my Minnie.

minnie.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Meg is a 3 year old German Wirehaired Pointing Griffon and she loves to sleep on stairs.
    19137_391102195156_838015156_10332751_487580_n.jpg

A face that only a proud Dad could love. :)
    19137_391104385156_838015156_10332791_8376710_n.jpg
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    So sorry, Rebecca! I feel your pain. Here's our two little ones :

Togetherness.jpg
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be. I don't have any access to pics of my first dog here at work, but here is my current BBQ Buddy, Oliver.

P1010814.jpg

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    im cuurently in the same boat, dont know how much longer abe will last and ill have to bring him down. tuned ten a few weeks back, went 3 full weeks without eating, just got him excited about food this last weekend. kidney failure, extremely high bp, pile of pills morning and night and this weekend started an iv routine nightly under the the skin which seems to have brought back his appetite and some skip in his gate. wasnt expecting this with this pup, never seen one go down hill so fast, was like someone hit a switch. he has been back to his old self the last few days but i know it wont last

DSC_0013_00.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

100_0847.jpg

100_0405.jpg

steak028.jpg

steak003.jpg

2005211254.jpg

b190e6e8.jpg

2005235708.jpg

this was old root, abes predecessor. root was 15 when i got abe, was going down hill fast, getting lost on my 1 tenth acre homestead, getting a pup really perked root up and he made another three years, not sure if abe would take the competition of a new pup or not or if the stress would finish him off. im waiting a few weeks to see how he does, i hate puppies and was hoping to have one while abe was around to help with the training

root.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it