Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Renting a tow behind cooker for NYE

ForniaFornia Posts: 451
edited 3:13AM in EggHead Forum
In an attempt to throw a small party, and demo a cooker, we've reserved a Meadow Creek TS250 cooker for this Fri./Sat.

I've done a bunch of research online, visited Meadow Creek HQ last weekend and picked their brain, emailing back and forth with a competition guy in NJ who has the same model....but still have nervous worries about making it work. :S Especially since it isn't an Egg!

We'll have plenty of non-BBQ food, and we've only got less than 25 people over the course of the night.

Planning to do ribs, chicken, and some butts for New Year's Day Pork and Sauerkraut. Dont ask, it's the traditional good luck thing here in eastern PA. B)

Was curious if any Eggheads use or have used a similar cooker?

All in all, it should be a very cool bash. My Egg will also be working!
·

Comments

• Heard they are nice hog cookers.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I haven't seen her posting here in a while.... but why don't you contact my friend Julie ... BGE Forum name (J Applegate) and see if she can give you some advice. They are Eggers, but also cook on a Lange, which is a similar pit to the one you rented. I think she may be able to help you. (and if she can't, she will tell you right up front).

You might want to use the e-link from her business address...

http://www.mrsdogs.com/

PS, tell her I said hey.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    Thanks so much!

I'm going to drop her a line...and of course no problem if she's too busy.
    ·