Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime stew

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Added some cherry smoke.
016-19.jpg

020-11.jpg

023-13.jpg

It's been warm here. Pikes Peak only has a dusting.

015-22.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Delicious looking stew Molly. Funny, what you call a dusting we call a mountain full of snow!
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    The food and the view always looks great Molly!

Thanks for sharing... I was given a 5qt DO for xmas, very much looking forward to using it!

We're getting a good storm here right now in Eastern PA. Last I heard, calling for 14-20" in Philly. The locals all headed out this morning for 'bread and milk' at the grocery store. :woohoo:

It's something funny the PA Dutch (Germans) are known for here.
  • That looks great. Too bad i have no prime rib left overs from yesterday.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Nice! I could go for some of that right now!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Molly,

That's the stuff. B)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Lookin good Molly.I am doing that same cook tonight. :)
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Looks great Molly, one of my favorite meals. It's cold, windy and snowing here so I made Chili.
  • cookn biker
    To Faith, that would be a dumping. ;)
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Thanks!
    I've been thinking of you all Jason. Drive careful.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I had one bowl and the rest goes to my son. He's my favorite.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Faith, Found out I'm out of beef base, but found some cubes of chipolte tomato base. It added a nice layer of flavor. My son get's the remaining.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    You know it!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks! Enjoy yours!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks. Your chili looked great!
    Hope you had a great vacation and holiday.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Thanks, Molly. i was just wondering what I would do for left over prime rib. Did 16 pounds for 9 people and a dog! :woohoo:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    It all looks beautiful...especially the dusting. Wish I were closer.

Mike
  • cookn biker
    Me too! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Good lookin stew Molly. :)
    Got some leftovers to use up too :laugh:

Shane
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Maria.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Looks so yummy....ultimate comfort food! ;) Love the shot of Pikes Peak!
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    that stew looks great! :)
  • That looks gooood, cookn.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    That looks very good Molly! :P
  • mmm mmm good!

My wife just made a veggie soup the 5 ribs of my 12# Standing Rib roast...(I guess it wasn't really veggie soup w/some nice meaty morsels)...
  • cookn biker
    Jerry, That's what this is, leftover prime meat. Pretty dang tasty!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"