Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

psssst...what's the verdict on $200 e-Bay eggs?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Surely by now someone can confirm or deny it was legit.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I would like to know myself. :huh:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I'm curious as well. :huh:
  • RRP
    Options
    Lit started that thread on Dec 20th and while the 25th and 26th weren't shippers delivery days I would have thought if e-Bay smelled a rat between the 20th and the 24th (5 business days) they would have jumped on that case. OTOH has anyone who bought one heard anything positive - or negative from e-Bay?
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    I was very tempted to buy one but believe it was too good to be true. I hope they are real for those who purchased.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    I have not heard anything from the seller since I was told it would be 5 business days until the were in hand. I think tomorrow will be 5 business days
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I would have to think we will hear loud when/if they get delivered at that price.

BTW Ron, did you ever get the lawn mower rebate last summer. I had 3 qualifying and never heard anything back.

Kent
  • RRP
    Options
    I'm sure I did simply because I keep close track of pending items in a special file and there is nothing in there about that refund. Once closed I remove the papers whatever, but don't make a habit of keeping notes after closure. Have you tried contacting them?
  • Maria's Touch
    Options
    Emailed seller about the shipment but NO answer. :angry:
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I emailed the seller on the 24th and again today and no response. I talked to Ebay and Paypal and they both said to wait and see and if nothing shows up file a case. I am going to call the seller again tomorrow.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Give 'em 2-3 weeks for shipping....
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't see any on ebay today (Monday the 27th).
  • LFGEnergy
    Options
    My Monday morning went something like this.....

My 14 yo bugging rats@#$ out of me for a pair of Nike skateboard shoes that have been sold out, he found them on line, and then spent three days asking me every 5 minutes if I had ordered them or not (one of his Christmas presents). Got up this AM, went to website (obsneakers.com), looked legit, did not do my homework, made order for $80 and got a response written in broken english and incomplete sentences confirming my order.....

THEN (yes, I ALWAYS do my homework up front - this one slipped), went to web and searched obsneakers.com....not good!!! Company in China selling cheap knockoffs, with a ton of consumer complaints.....Ridiculous :unsure: :angry: :S :pinch: !!!

Called Visa, nothing they can do yet (although shout out to BOA, they have covered bad transactions on several occasions). Sent email to seller immediately cancelling order....

Anyway, I figure if we get a pair of knockoffs that last a month or so, all not lost. But feeling your pain - and to think I didnt do my homework kills me right now!!!!!!!!!!
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    Does anyone have the sellers number? Still have not heard anything and I'm about to file a claim
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The sellers conteact info is below. I just called 5 minutes ago and asked for Bridgett and they said call back after 4. I am about to file a case today also if there isn't a good update. I have sent 3 emails with no response.

Contact Information for spellsolutions214
    User ID: spellsolutions214
    Name: bridgett stevenson
    Company:
    City: dallas
    State: TX
    Phone: (469) 258-4906
    Registered Since: Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 17:05:17 PDT
  • Maria's Touch
    Options
    The estimated delivery date as per the ebay item is Dec. 28-January 3. Ebay buyers protection indicated "You can open a case after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date." I emailed her several times and asked for a delivery tracking number but no answer.
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    I just called and same thing, said they thought she would be home by 4. Not looking good
  • Maria's Touch
    Options
    Just talked with paypal and said to go ahead and open a case with ebay. Seller is supposed to ship items within 7 business days from date buyer paid.
  • Preflopit
    Options
    To be honest, anyone who bought these had to know it was a scam. I mean come on...NOTHING about that made sense. & what i've learned in poker is that if the story doesnt add up then its not true.
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    Yea it kinda did, however with no feedback as a seller paypal will freeze any money in the account until positive feedback is received or a tracking number shows delivered. I'm not worried I can always do a chargeback on my card as well, and being local if I could find her address go get my money back in person, lol that would be interesting