I am doing my 1st cook ever on my new christmas gift, XL BGE! I would like to do some baby back ribs and looking for some basic cooking advice. My plan as of now is this:
1. removing the membrane off the back and then putting the dry rub to the ribs and letting them sit in the fridge overnight.
2. get my egg up to a temp of about 220-240 and stable and putting the the plate setter in with a drip pan with apple juice/makers mark 1/2 inch deep. put the grill grate on and laying the ribs so they don't overhang past the drip pan.
3. close the lid and maintain for 3 hours
4. pull the ribs wrap in foil with 2 oz of apple juice
5. stick them back on the egg for about 1-1.5 hours
6. pull them from the foil and back on the egg for 30-45 minutes basting with bbq sauce the last 15-20 mins
Is this the general idea for baby backs? Please any and all advice will be appreciated.
New XL owner