Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

From Peculiar, Happy New Years to all.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DiscoBall.gif
HNY7Purp.gif[p]Let's start 05 with a lot of good cooks today. I've got 3 slabs of babybacks, sausage stuffed portabello mushrooms and hot wings.[p]CWM

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I have some leftover pork tenderloin and some rice so might make stuffed bell peppers..........in the egg of course.[p]Happy New Year,
    New Bob

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Having to do all the Good Luck things today, but a nice chuck is on tap for tomorrow to go with the Red Beans and Rice.[p]Today is:
    The World's best fried chicken
    Black Eyed Peas
    Collard Greens
    Pole Beans
    Mashed Taters and chicken gravy
    Skillet Corn Bread[p]Gotta go get started.

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]And Happy New Year back at ya, Mike. No cooking for me today. I always cook a gourmet dinner for my wife on New Year's Eve, but she is out of town until tomorrow. So last night I T-Rex'd a 2# t-bone for my self. I have enough left over for a nice dinner tonight. Tomorrow, I'll egg a two-bone rib roast for our traditional dinner.[p]Happy New Year, too, to all the great people on this forum. '04 brought me my first year of retirement, two eggs, travels to the American Royal and Eggtoberfest, BBQ I could never have imagined before, and an introduction to the most wonderful group of people with whom anyone could be associated. I even got to meet many of them, like you, personally. '05 promises the birth of our twentieth grandchild, a move to a new house we are building, the possibility of a wedding if one of my sons gets off the schneid and proposes, and many new eggciting BGE eggventures. [p]Cheers to all on this first day of the new year.[p]Paul

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, can you point me to a recipe for the sausage stuffed portobello's? Tried portobello's for the first time two weeks ago. Yummy.[p]Happy New Year![p]LVM

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    sausageport.jpg
    <p />LasVegasMac,[p]I marinate mine with Wishbone Robust Italian Dressing in the gills. About 2 hours. In the meantime, I brown sausage. Cook direct at 400 gill side down for about 3-4 minutes. Flip, ad sausage and cheese on top. When cheese is melted remove and enjoy. I cook these at least every other week if not more often.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    PapaQ,[p]Sounds like you have a very busy 05 already. Congrats on 20th grandchild. Hope to see you at The Royal again this year.[p]CWM
  • LasVegasMac
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, that noise you hear is me making a stampede to the grocery store.[p]Thanks![p]LVM

• Car Wash Mike, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too.