Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to keep Prime Rib Warm for 2 hrs?

Options
OconeeDawg
OconeeDawg Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Prime Rib got done early.. How should I keep it warm?

Comments

• skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    I may be in the same boat today so I will watch this thread. When I posted something similar last week (in anticipation of today) I got one answer who did prime rib all the time and let it sit (wrapped in foil I believe) for two hours every time he did prime rib.

I have never done the reverse sear (for fear of raising the internal too much) but am going to try it today. I was going to wait at least half an hour (or longer) before doing the sear figuring that way the internal should not be nudged up by the sear.

Merry Christmas!
    Freddie
    League City, TX
  • OconeeDawg
    Options
    I did the Mad Max Method but I had trouble getting my temp down so it cooked at 400 most of the time finally got it down to 350. It looks great though I will post a pic!
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    The reverse sear on something as big as a prime rib will only add about 5-8 degrees to your internal temp. If you want Medium rare, remove from egg at 120* internal, then sear, then rest. Enjoy!
  • the boss man
    Options
    wrap in foil & put in oven or warming drawer at 175 :laugh:
  • Braumiester
    Options
    wrap in foil & towels & put in cooler that has been prewarmed with hot water.