Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spiral Cut ham

KnaufKnauf Posts: 337
edited 2:27PM in EggHead Forum
For Christmas I was going to do Alton Brown's City Ham on the egg (which I highly recommend!), but before I could get to the store to pick up the ham my mother in law thought it would be nice to get the ham for me instead. She bought me a spiral cut and need a way to cook it on the egg. Any suggestions? I'm afraid with all the cuts (increased surface areas) will produce a dry ham. Should I just go with the heating instructions on the package?

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I bought a Honey Baked Ham and the instructions said to serve it at room temperature. If you want it warm, they say to foil it and heat at 275° for 10 minutes per pound and they warn it will dry out if over cooked. -RP
  • pcipci Posts: 249
    I have one to. I am going to do a maple bourbon ham. I tried this for Easter & it was great.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=68&func=detail&id=1135
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Pci I have done it that way about 8 times and never failed me.
    I always go spiral cut with bone.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Got one on right now myself. Others have said they cook a lot quicker. I'm gonna check on it in an hour as it is only a 9 lb one.
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Got one on right now myself. Others have said they cook a lot quicker. I'm gonna check on it in an hour as it is only a 9 lb one.
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    When you bake it, tie it up with string to prevent it from drying out.
    JimW
  • Mickey,
    How do you modify Egret's method with a spiral cut ?

Thanks