Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

buffolo wing sauce need recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Can someone give me a buffolo wing sauce recipe. i have franks sauce, but im not sure how to sesson it. im shooting for a vinegary taste. [p]any suggestions?[p]thnaks

Comments

• Seattle Todd
    Options
    bbqMOn,[p]Here's what purports to be the original recipe from the Anchor Bar:[p]4 Tbs butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
    5 Tbs Louisiana-brand hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
    1 Tbs white wine vinegar[p]3. Melt the butter or margarine over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, add
    the hot sauce and the 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Stir well and remove from
    the flame immediately.[p]

• bbqMOn, depending on how many wings you are going to do this is my version and it's pretty close to the original from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo NY[p]1/2 bottle of Franks (354ml is the small size here)
    1 T white vinegar
    1 T melted margarine, not butter
    1/2 t garlic granules
    1/2 t celery salt[p]mix all together, this is now you base sauce. [p]for one llb of wings i add 3 T of the base sauce to the shaker bowl then sprinkle a bit of Tony's over the top. this will give you a mild/med heat sauce. to bring the heat up a bit i add smoke roasted dried japs or you can add a dozen drops of your favorite hot sauce. shake and serve immediately. to make it hotter add more hot sauce. i make a homemade Hab/sundried tomatoe sauce just for wings.[p]hope thie helps a bit[p]reg[p]

• bbqMOn,[p]I make a simple but very tasty sauce with:
    1-2 sticks of butter
    1 cup of vinegar
    2 big squeezes of ketchup
    1-2 big squeezes of yellow mustard
    1/2 cup of brown sugar[p]I don't have exact measurements, I usually just WING it ;-).Just put everything in a sauce pan on med. and stir until combined.

• gojacketz
    Options
    bbqMOn,[p]How hot do you want them? I like them hot and do the following (very rough estimates on the measurements, I just "wing" it, hehe):[p]1/2 cup Texas Pete
    1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
    1 TBS white vinegar
    1 tsp olive oil
    dash of cayenne
    dash of salt
    dash of lemon pepper
    dash of black pepper[p]Put it on a burner on low and reduce it a little.[p]Makes a pretty hot sauce, but it is not overbearing (to my spice dead taste buds), but it is quite tasty.[p]Gojacketz[p]