Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night's dinner photo essay with lots of pics

TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had out-of-town guests for dinner last night so a feast was in order. To start, I decided to try out these delicious looking Oyster mushrooms that I've seen Woo, NB, and Chubby (who apparently got lucky after cooking these for his wife) post on the forum lately. I was pleasantly surprised when I found them in my local HEB grocery store.[p]Here's what they look like[p]oystershrooms1.JPG[p]Per Woo & NB, I sprinkled them with Tsunami Spin after brushing with olive oil - that's it - simple yet effective.[p]oystershrooms2.JPG[p]I cooked them on my Small at 500 degrees with the dome open for about 5 minutes a side, until they were charred around the edges.[p]oystershrooms3.JPG[p]These things were simply amazing. We ate them while they were still piping hot, and I think that is key, as Woo or NB had mentioned previously.[p]oystershrooms4.JPG[p]I also did three pork tenderloins with olive oil and Dizzy Dust - these are an old standard and come out great every time - cooked to 145 internal and garnished with raspberry chipotle sauce.[p]ptend1.JPG[p]My mother-in-law also brought over a fresh trout that one of her neighbors had caught. This trout was a surprise guest. I just took the filet without the skin on, brushed with olive oil and lime juice and sprinkled Tsunami spin, then grilled on my Small (after pulling the shrooms off) at 500 or so for 4 minutes or so a side.[p]Although I didn't have the foresight to plan around the fish sticking to my cooking grid, this trout turned out great. I mean, you can't really mess up really fresh fish like this (except I ruined the nice presentation because it came off the grill in pieces due to the sticking).[p]trout1.JPG[p]Here's a pic of the layout minus the shrooms, asparagus, and new potatoes (my mother-in-law made the beautiful salad, asparagus, and new potatoes - not on the Egg, but still really good):[p]tablelayout1.JPG[p]And here's a close-up of a nice looking plate:[p]plate1.JPG[p]For dessert, we cooked smores over our open copper-pot fire pit. When I ran back inside to take this picture my wife thought I was crazy (so did our guests, too, now that I think about it):[p]smore1.JPG[p]The night's feast was an overall success. [p]Cheers and Happy New Year,[p]TRex

Comments