Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Interesting dilemma

Options
ShedFarm
ShedFarm Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't have an egg yet, but plan to purchase both a large and a small when my tax refund gets here in February.

So, here's the deal. My other half asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so I essentially went through the CeramicGrillStore website, and assembled a list of packages and some individual items, so the sum of it all would pretty much equal "one of everything" for a large BGE. The idea was that it would give her options to choose from, across the price ranges.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, two rather large packages arrived on our front porch from the CGS, weighing almost 50 pounds total! I think she bought it all!!!

I never, ever intended for that to happen, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. It's way too much money to have been spent on accessories for something I won't have for another couple of months. It also kind of puts pressure on me to become an incredible egghead, if only to justify the cost.

If my theory is correct, does anyone have any suggestions on what the appropriate response should be, come Christmas morning?
BJ (Powhatan, VA)

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    " Thank you very much!" :woohoo:
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Hi BJ,

I have two Larges. Each one has an Adjustable Rig and a spider. I also have two pizza stones I use for indirect on the bottom shelf of the Adjustable Rig (or on the spider).. Also have a Wok and a few drip pans I got from Ceramic Grill Store. I use all of these things regularly!...

So my response would be - "You Shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did. Thanks" and then - "What do you want me to cook you first?"
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Heh..."Let's cook!"
  • Turk
    Turk Posts: 114
    Options
    Dude, You are one lucky individual. There is all kinds of stuff that you can buy for the Egg from your Big Green Egg supplier. I bought it all and I use little of it. The rig , however, is another matter. The rig and spider you will use all of the time, stores easily in the Egg and replaces a lot of stuff. I suspect that when you get that Egg and get used to it you will be well pleased. Also there are those who prefer the rig and others prefer the Woo. If she bought you both you could easily sell one or the other if you wanted to. Welcome to the forum.
  • LFGEnergy
    Options
    Your response might be.....

How were you able to pay for 50 LB worth of shipping for a 140 LB egg, with another 20 LB of accessories :whistle::whistle: :ermm: :whistle: ?????!!!! Hopefully the answer is you have a relative at UPS or FedEX. Otherwise, if you saw the entire shipment, not an egg (even a small weighs about 70 LB with accessories)......

On the up side, things that weigh 50 LB include....5 ten lb bags of Royal Oak, 3 really big prime prime rib roasts (hopefully prime :woohoo: ), or maybe 5 24-packs of your favorite brew (guessing on this one).....

Best situation is all you saw was some eggcessaries arriving! Think positive!!! And a soon to be WELCOME TO THE BGE FAMILY!!!
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Bj, what seems now like lagniappe will be just right in a few months. Maybe even a little less than you need :whistle:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Congrats! I HOPE YOU bought DIAMONDS!!! ;)
  • ShedFarm
    Options
    I know! I have been trying to remember everything I listed, then comparing the cost to what I spent. So far, I think I'm okay, and may still be a little bit ahead. ;)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • ShedFarm
    Options
    I've been getting teased about how I'm getting coal for Christmas, because I've been bad. I asked how bad I had to be, in order to ensure it was Royal Oak...
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    A big thank you! It seems he's as eager for the BGEs as you are, which is great! I agree with what someone else suggested and ask him what he wants to try cooking first.

Some of the accessories are heavy, so don't be disappointed if it isn't everything you're thinking it is. There are always birthdays and anniversaries coming up. And Valentine's day, Easter... :whistle:
  • thegrillster
    Options
    I would say "Come to papa baby"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Buy her a mini egg and bedazzle it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Metalhead
    Options
    Just sit back on Christmas morning and bask in "all that is big green egg"

I say never let them see you sweat.

February will be a great month for cooking.

And a good return present would be a high end digital camera.(you could
    borrow it all the time to post pics of ur cooks) :lol: :silly:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo:
    share the Big Green Egg Spirit!
    2 for you and 1 for her to "play with" while you bedazzle her B)