Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

advice on re-heating baby backs?

Options
impag10
impag10 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoking them tomorrow but then have to bring them elsewhere to eat

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    if you like to sauce them, don't do it now. put them on someone else's gasser and sauce them then, letting them heat thru.

if you need to do it in an oven, finish them with sauce today, and reheat in a pan covered with foil. no need to add water, just go 275-300 or so and keep covered
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • impag10
    Options
    I have either option.....guessing grill is better? very low heat once i put the sauce on? about how long? Using Blues Hog on 'em tomorrow. Thanks
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    low flame, you don't want blackening. i would put them on dry, let them start to get warm, and sauce them for the rest of the ride. no idea how long. maybe 20 minutes tops. you'll know when they are hot enough for you
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • schmeetex
    Options
    If you're going to eat them within a couple of hours after cooking...here is a great method.

Preheat a thermos style cooler by adding a quart of very warm water. Close the lid and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. As the ribs are done, empty the water, dry the cooler, and line the bottom and sides of the cooler with aluminum foil. Place the ribs on top of the foil and close the lid. They will stay warm for about 3 hours.

Putting the ribs in a cooler for 1-3 hours after cooking has now become my permanent method for babyback ribs. The meat becomes even more tender and you get a nice sticky glaze on the outside (even if you don't use any bbq sauce).

Be prepared lots of lip smacking compliments!

SchmeeTex