Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can't Stand A Thief!!

SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes this does have an Egg relation......

I always keep my garage door shut, always....even during the day if I am at home.

However, when I roll the Egg out of the garage to cook, the door stays open until I bring the egg back in. Well, Monday night I was smoking some turkey breasts, so my garage door stayed up until almost 1:00 a.m. and apparently one of the times that I was inside the house someone came in and stole two, new in the box, rifles out of my garage.

They weren't at the door end either, they were sitting damn near the back door to my house on top of three stacked coolers.

Worst part? They weren't even my guns, I was storing them for a friend of mine. They were Christmas gifts for his sons.

I spent the afternoon running around finding and replacing the dang things.

If there is one thing in this world that I hate more than anything, it's a worthless thief!

Comments

• Lee;
    I hope you catch those SOBs and kick the Shi$$ out of them...

CVD
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    I'm with ya on that. I got no sympathy for what ever happent to animals like that. :angry:

May they get theirs!
  • I hate that for you...with any luck they will shot themselves in the leg trying to load them- :angry:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Oh Lee, I am so sorry for that to happen to you. Friggin is the season. I just got off the phone with my Mom. She got rear ended. The guy that hit her was a reall jack***, the cop didn't even write a ticket...said they are to busy for that...REALLY?

What goes around comes around. Really sorry.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Wow, I am so sorry; you soooo didn't need that two days before Christmas! :angry: I feel for you and hope the slimey person or persons will go to jail.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    That sucks :angry: Keep an eye on local CL, the jack*** may put them up for sale.
    canuckland
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    And the best is the law will say it's your fault for leaving the door open.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • I agree! The thief is a worthless sack of excrement...

I hope it doesn't ruin your holidays, these are supposed to be fun times.
  • Hopefully you filed a police report. That is really nervy of someone to take that chance!
  • Molly, I hope you got those cops names and badge numbers and file a complaint. That's just ridiculous.
  • cookn biker
    She did not. Cop should have given her his card. She is 74 and felt bullied...just crap
    I talked her into writing a complaint.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • whoops, replied in the wrong spot.....
  • I hope she got the contact info exchanged with the idiot that hit her. I've been hit from behind and you often don't feel an injury til later. Once I thought there was no damage. My husband said the bumper looked a bit off to him. Turns out there was some very expensive damage under the bumper. I believe it came to $1200. So I was happy I had exchanged the info with the other driver!

I just hate that they treated her that way. Molly is right - they'll get theirs somewhere down the line.
  • It really is a shame that a person can't leave their garage door open when home to do a little Egging. And I don't live in a ghetto by any means. I caught two guys stealing out of a neighbors garage in broad daylight several months back, and I chased those asses down in my truck and made them give me back the stuff they had taken.

Those were just teens, and I am betting the same is the case with this time. Either way, I am leaving the door open tonight too, but this time I will be sitting in the backseat of my truck with a Glock .40 caliber in my lap.

I may not shoot anyone, but I will sure make them piss themselves when a shot rings out they look up to see the laser sight on their chest.

It's not so much the property theft or even the money I had to spend to replace the guns, but what makes me the most mad is that someone had the nerve to come into MY garage and take something that wasn't theirs. I feel violated, lol.
  • Okay, you need to be careful here. We don't want any accidents or anything bad to happen. Maybe taking their photo for the police will suffice. If it's someone who is also packing, you would be in for a world of trouble. Let's not escalate things!
  • I'm sorry to hear that about your mother, Molly. I hope she is well and doesn't wake up tomorrow sore all over.
  • cookn biker
    Not lol, you were Lee and it is a sucky felling.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Sorry to hear about your mom Molly, hope she's not hurt.
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    Me too, she sounded emotionally drained.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Me too Gary. Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • My wife is telling me the same thing, Gwen. I wouldn't really shoot anyone over something like that, but it would be nice to make them think that for a while! :P
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    ive heard guns show up at cabellas, if there is one in the area might want to let them know. fishing forums are pretty tight group and they all hunt, if there is one in the area post there, they all watch craigs list and you might get lucky. sounds like someone on drugs and will want to dump it fast.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I hope the owner has the serial numbers as this might help in recovery. Good Luck!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I wish there had been a loaded one in your hand and you would have seen the theft in progress. ;)
  • Lee;
    Center mass is the point of contact where you want to be... :laugh:

CVD
  • Yeah, but that's exactly how accidents happen. And even if your gun isn't loaded, they don't know that and if they have guns, things might turn ugly. Better to shoot them with a camera, imo.
  • got some wild game stolen from my freezer in Albuquerque that way :side:
    got some rattan chairs stolen from a front porch at Christmas in Laramie :ohmy:
    guess some people think they need stuff that isn't their's :huh:
  •  
    Sorry to hear this Lee, I would contact all the local gun shops and pawn shops as well as watching Craig's List. I disagree with some, I am happy you did not have to confront them with a gun. The use of a fire arm at the wrong time and in the wrong situation could very easily land you in more trouble then the crooks. Here in Florida you only use a fire arm if your life is threatened. Period! No exceptions! Even then you have to be very careful about the interpretation of the law and in any case it would pay dearly to have a witness to calibrate you side of the story. Good luck.

Blair

• jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Not trying to be a Pollyanna or anything, but you did check with the neighbor who owned the guns, right? Are you sure he didn't just come over and get them?
  • Am I the only person who thinks that maybe you should not have been storing deadly weapons in a place that someone can walk into and just take. Sorry about your loss, but seriously, get a safe for your guns.