Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

13.5 lb brisket.....am I estimating this correct?

HoosierHoosier Posts: 107
edited 8:39AM in EggHead Forum
Just picked up a beautiful 13 1/2 lb whole packer brisket. Rubbed and ready to go on in a bit. I'm guessing 20 hours if I run it at 250 dome. Would you think that's a reasonable estimate?

Pics to follow.
·

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    call it a "guesstimate"... briskets have a mind of their own....
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    If you need it quicker it is ok to bump up the temp to 300-350 and to foil it along the way...I do not add any juice though...good luck. :)
    ·
  • HoosierHoosier Posts: 107
    Absolutely. Just trying to figure out when I should drop this one on for dinner tomorrow.
    ·
  • Kim, do me a favor (It is the Holidays) and shoot me an email on your mini gadget that you had at the Augusta cook we did in the summer.
    ·
  • Generally when I cook a packer cut that size it takes around15 to 16 hours. Briskets are pulled sooner then butts...somewhere between 180 and 190 or so. They dry our fast if you over cook.
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    I wouldnt guess anytime! I have had a 13lber done inless than 10hrs, i have had 7lbers take 12, briskets are done when they are done, thus making them really hard to master but it can be done!! :laugh:
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    The good thing is when they reach the pulling point if you're early they will hold a long time in a ice chest...... if you double wrap in HDAF, then with a towel, and drop in an ice chest with a towel on top of the meat - it will hold above 140 for up to 4 hours. If I think I might need a little extra time, I heat two or three bricks (lined with HDAF) and put them in the bottom of the ice chest first... give more mass with heat...
    Kent Madison MS
    ·