Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just some fun christmas stuff

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We've been steadily getting ready for this weekend. Got a turkey in the fridge brining, smoked some caveman style cheese for gifts, as well as a few types of almonds.

Tonight we did our annual sugarplum houses with the kids. It's funny, now that they are bout full grown they are a little hesitant about doin that stuff with their boyfriend and girlfriend around. Dollie loves it being a K garten teacher and I'm still just a kid at heart anyway so we're all in.

No pics of the cheese but they're in the fridge mellowing out :)

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Great photos! Love love love the gingerbread houses! One year we had some couples over for dinner. I bought each couple an undecorated house, at great expense I might add. I mixed up the frosting and had lots of bowls and the appropriate decorative candy. Each couple was given a house to decorate. One couple politely decorated their house. Another couple, the husband slept on the couch while the wife decorated. The third couple complained the whole time about how lame it was. They also did not like the music (Stan & Doug). The third couple are no longer friends. The other two are still great friends but we no longer decorate gingerbread houses or play Stan & Doug when they are around.

It is really hard to find deserving friends nowadays. I would have been so thrilled had I been invited to a similar evening.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    SWEET! Gotta love tradition! Your are still on for 'Loneyfest '11 are'nt you???! :huh: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Re: The third couple are no longer friends

Good for you. I also make it a point to stay away from negative people, life if too short for that.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    That sure looks like a great time. I would have trouble decorating as I would be eating more then decorating :) My house would be missing a few walls.

Merry Christmas
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Hoss, I'm still planning on being there. Looking forward to it.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    We have a good time. Every new years eve we get together with 2 other families and spend the night. Us and the kids makes 12 folks in one house. We rotate houses each year. We've been doing that since #1 son was a baby. Lots of memories over the last 17 years.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    After just a few minutes of decorating, no one really wants to eat any of that stuff that's been touched by everyone :sick: :laugh:
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Are the houses made of graham crackers or are they kits of some sort? I used to buy the kits for my youngest son and one of his friends. They did them together for a long time. Then one year they didn't do them. I had the kits in a closet for years and just this year donated them to a thrift store. They probably weren't edible anymore but one could still build a house out of it.
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Gwen, these start with a 1/2 pint (I think) milk carton. The only thing edible is the icing and add ons. My wife does this every year in her kindergarten class. It's funny to watch her try to gather enough milk cartons for the class. :)
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    So you frost right over the milk cartons? Clever! Those Kindergarten teachers know everything!
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Yeah, she's pretty awsome.