Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Brisket Flat

frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
edited 10:17PM in EggHead Forum
I have only done full packers in the past.

It is about 5lbs.

About how long should it take at 225?

Any special methods I should use?

THANKS!

Comments

• brisket's done when it's done. That small I would worry about it drying out if you don't foil it. If I had to guess time I would say 7-8 hours but no briskets are the same.
  • Buster Dog BBQ wrote:
    brisket's done when it's done. That small I would worry about it drying out if you don't foil it. If I had to guess time I would say 7-8 hours but no briskets are the same.

I was going to follow http://www.biggreeneggsperience.com/Brisket.html
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    well you knowing how to cook whole packers should know that you dont time briskets and they are done when they are done. good luck post pics of the brisket when done. :)
  • That should work. Just keep an eye on it because of the size.
  • I just did a 6.5# whole and it was done in 8.5hrs at 225°grid,really snuck up on me :laugh: