Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wrong loin :-(

EggerinMOEggerinMO Posts: 47
edited 6:04AM in EggHead Forum
I have been all set to do the Raspberry Chipotle tenderloin for new years.. But my wife came back from sams with a 8 lb. LOIN :-) I was thinking of cutting it up into 3 or 4 separate cuts and freezing the remainder BUT would the tenderloin method work for the loin just longer cook time or should I use another method[p]Thanks

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,389
    LoinSliced.jpg
    <p />EggerinMo,
    I think it will work. The 3 or four piece idea is a good one. 2-3 pound pieces, and don't cook much past 140 internal.[p]The pictured chunk of loin is not the same recipe, but it was cooked direct like a tenderloin pretty much. Get a nice crust, and a nice blush pink middle. Yum.
    Enjoy!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Nature Boy,[p]Thanks soo much for the lighting fast response..
    EggerinMO,
    You are most welcome! I was jumpin up and down that I had one I felt qualified to answer. Been a treat when I find time to sit on the forum for a spell, and having a fresh question just sittin there all juicy-like...one that I can answer as well as document with a photo. A dream come true. No need to discuss politics, or answer personal questions. Just a fat tempting opportunity to help someone have a good meal. [p]Hope it helps! A nice 2005 to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    EggerinMo,[p]I did a loin and not a tenderloin. Just don't overcook it. It turned out GREAT. May use a loin for tomorrow![p]mShark
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    Nature Boy,
    I have never met you, but I like the way you think. Sigmore

• Nature Boy,
    You're killin' me.
    DrR

sigmore,
    I appreciate that!
    Cold ones to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • JamesJames Posts: 232
    EggerinMo,[p]My wife has just announced that she won't buy meat anymore. She is afraid that she will buy the wrong "loin" also.[p]I suggested that she just go to the supermarket and read the lables to me, but that didn't work out either.[p]Apparently, I now have to buy meat all by myself.[p]