Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Prices

SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Reading through the thread about the small on Ebay reminded me that I was in a local Egg dealer's place this weekend picking up some Eggcessories and noticed that it looked like the prices had gone up again.

What are the prices around your areas for an Egg, nest, and plate setter? Local dealer here is getting(or asking) $949 for a large with nest and ps. Maybe I paid that much when I got mine 4 years ago, but I swear I don't think I broke a grand that day and I bought a lot of extra stuff.

I guess it is possible that I intentionally forgot how much I spent that day, idk. I do intend to buy another large this spring though, and was just curious what everyone else is selling them for around the country.

Comments

• I live in Western Mass and dropped 1K in September for my large with mates,setter,and nest. Just ordered a small 539. Nest. 79.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Mini BGE $297
    Mini with stand $320

Small with nest $450-460
    Small platesetter $43
    Small BGE roast rack $25

Sorry, have not priced others
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Wow, that's high but a good investment.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tsbrady
    tsbrady Posts: 101
    I bought my large in Oct and the dealer wanted 749 but he threw in a plate setter, bought a large cypress table for 349
  • GregM
    GregM Posts: 18
    I was just in my dealer this weekend (sadly, not to purchase egg items).

They had a large posted at $699. They throw in a bag of BGE lump and a gift certificate for either a pork butt or brisket at the best butcher in town. Free assembly and in town delivery. You also get 10% off any additonal egg related items purchased at that time.

I think the medium was posted around $550.

When I purchased my egg in September, I paid just a little over a grand for a large with the above, a nest, wood side tables, a plate setter, a BGE pizza stone, the BGE cover, the BGE grill cleaner, a pack of BGE starters and a couple bags of wood chunks. Not sure how the pieces were priced out.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Darian you just bought a new Large. Thought the price had dropped :ohmy: :woohoo: :whistle:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Not sure that counts.
    Buy an outdoor island and get the Large BGE and Gasser for free. LOL (lots of Luck)
    EggTable01.jpg
    EggTable02.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Damn it looks better now than in the back of the truck. Oh, and your found where Chubby hid the top :P
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    You should always keep an open eye on Chubby.
    It fit perfect on my deck enclosure.
    Hope to get it set up this weekend.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Don't over estimate to power of an Eggfest Demo. I saved at least $150 0n my large, nest, mates, plate setter, cover, 2 bags of lump, ash tool and grid gripper 1.5 yrs ago at indy eggfest ($750 if I remember right)