Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza

jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizzapeel.jpg
<p />I will never bake a pizza in an oven again.

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    jake42,[p]Jake:[p]Please give us details on how you cooked your Pizza. It looks good.[p] Dave

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    jake42,[p]Looks great! Like Dave said, what temp and for how long?? Did you preheat the pizza stone and, if so, how long?[p]Thanks![p]TRex
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    TRex,[p]And, can anyone tell me (quickly) where to get a pizza peel? We got dough and fixins yesterday, but gots no peel...
  • Mark Backer,
    almost any kitchen supply store sells em. .. i've seen them at williams sonoma and sur-la-table as well. . ..got mine at an outlet mall kitchen store. ..and of course, i'm sure you can find them on line somewhere. . .

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Then I guess Williams sonoma it is. [p]Or target. I'm on hold with them now for either a wooden or metal one. [p]Fingers crossed...[p]p.s. either way it doesn't matter. They're both 7 miles away across the street from one another. I should just get in the car and do this search over the phone in transit...[p]Thanks for the help, max. Photos to follow...
  • Mark Backer,
    there you go. .. same peel at williams sonoma is probably 4x the price of targets, but oh well. .. [p]btw, when you are at williams sonoma, buy the "peppermint molten chocolate cake kit". . .don't look at the price tag. take it home and make. . .you won't be sorry. ..simply the BEST chocolate dessert i have ever eaten anywhere, period. .. .and forget about doing it in ten little dishes. .. do it in a regular large soufle dish. .. adjust the time up to about 20 minutes. .. .i promise, cross my heart, you won't be sorry. .. .you think you will have died and gone to chocolate heaven!!!

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Mark Backer,
    Save yourself some major Dough...pardon the pun and go to Atlanta Fixtures. They are on the North side access road of I-85 above Shallowford and below Chamblee Tucker.

• Mark Backer,[p]You can get them as cheap as $5.90 online. See the link below for several sizes from which to choose.
    [ul][li]Pizza Peels[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    TRex,
    Got the Egg up to 450 with platesetter in place, sprinkled cornmeal on my stone, put baboli pizza crust on the stone added my toppings, placed it on the platesetter, poured cocktail, took off after about 25 minutes.
    Came out great.

• glenn
    glenn Posts: 151
    Mark Backer,
    Beds Bath and Beyond has them
    as does
    Linnens and Things
    and Good time Pottery
    I dont know if any of these stores are local to you
    I bougt mine from Linnen & Things for around $12.00 and it came with a 14" pizza stone