Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New small green egg w/ nest $200

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There is a listing on ebay for a small green egg w/ nest new for $200 with free shipping. He had 8 but I bought 1 so there are 7 left. This seems too good to be true so I haven't paid yet but I committed to buy 1.

Comments

• I would pay with paypal. They dont get the funds released until a valid tracking number is put into the system. Good deal if it works out.
  • Lit
    Yeah, hope it is real. My small now doesn't match my other eggs it is the older model that is lighter green from back when the fire grate in the fire box used to be ceramic.
  • I checked it out. Looks like a good deal. However, when i checked on his profile, he has only 4 feedbacks. While good, he was the buyer. One item is a toy, the others are not listed anymore. I usually look at the feedbacks, the items they are selling and buying. Then I decide, if I want to take the risks - could be he is a newcomer. Good Luck!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wow...I am very tempted! It won't have a warranty, but that is a great deal. It seems like shipping alone would cost close to that!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I would give this a minimum of 90% scam. Anytime there is free shipping on a heavy/bulky item and really low price is a real good indicator of a scam. I have been privy to numerous ones involving farm tractors that were very thought out. If the seller has low feedback numbers beware. Find the sellers name and address and do a little Google searching. This DEAL smells to high heaven to me. If you ever tell yourself, "this is almost too good to be true" your right...it is too good to be true.
  • Lit
    I asked the seller a couple questions and am waiting for a response to pay. I am also paying through pay pal so I should have the buter protection right?
  • Lit
    I asked the seller a couple questions and am waiting for a response to pay. I am also paying through pay pal so I should have the buter protection right?
  • bbqjew
    bbqjew Posts: 34
    Lets hope it is not a scam, I just purchased one of the last 3...
    My dad used to say that is it seems to be too good to be true, than it probably is.... we shall see.
    Fortunately I paid with paypal, (using cash)... so I should be completely covered financially if this is a scam....
    So A big than you in advance to "LIT" for posting this.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Did you get an email confirming the auction win from ebay?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    I got an invoice with the confirmation I won and the pay now link.
  • I decided to get one, too. But will definitely pay through paypal to get the benefit of buyer protection. Haven't gotten an email confirming the sale, though. :huh:
  • Lit
    It took about 10 minutes for me to get the invoice email. I just paid for mine via paypal. Now I am crossing my fingers and waiting.
  • I have found the paypal gaurantee to be less then satisfying. If you pay with a credit card you would have more protection in my opinion. The price doesn't add up in my mind even if you had to pay $50 for shipping. I would proceed with extreme caution and ask for contact information such as address, phone number, email address. If you get a phone number and do a search and it comes up the person has had 10 listings in a short amount of time beware. If you google the address and it comes up in a location that doesn't make sense...beware. It's only $200 but that is enough to kick yourself if you get scammed. The previous post about only 4 feedbacks and all as a buyer is also an indicator. Ask yourself this, why does he have so many eggs and willing to sell at such a low price?
  • SmokeyPitt
    Well...I was too indecisive. I should have known once it hit the forum they would all be gone! I hope it works out for everyone.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Photo Egg
    Where do you live?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    The seller only has 4 transactions. 1 was to a person that makes kids curtains in June. 2 more in June to linen shops, and one in October for a toy. The seller also has a lot of (24) 2010 turbo tax premiere for sale. It does seem too good to be true but we'll see.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Darian- I'm in Woodstock, GA (about 30 mi north of Atlanta).

• Photo Egg
    Thank you. Beautiful area.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    I thought you were going to tell me where I could pick up a small for $200 ;)

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I would only use paypal and even then till it was in my yard be stressing... at least there is some feedback even if old or for other items. Had someone copy my listing back awhile ago to sell a high priced rug hooking cutter. the company had gone out of business and they only made so many of them. and there was NO WAY this person had one let alone 4 to sell... the people who bought them had their money tied up for quite a while I guess before they got it back.
    quite often they price the item just low enough to hook you but high enough to still be a great deal.
    good luck :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    not true John, as soon as the money clears your account they have it depending on if it is a instant transfer from a verified buyer an echeck will take a few days to clear but I sell quite a bit on ebay and do not use any tracking numbers through their system. as soon as they pay with paypal and have backed up their account with a cc I have cash that I can transfer anywhere I want it to go.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    ive only had one bad purchase with paypal, its around 20 bucks. basically all ebay did was send me a well written letter that said i got screwed :laugh: my only choice was to cancel payment with my credit card company which would have caused problems worth more than the 20 bucks for me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Scam Scam Scam...either stolen goods or no goods. I'll give someone 2 to 1 that this is a scam.
  • I agree, this sale smells to high heaven. Who owns 8 new small BGEs and now wants to sell them at a considerable loss?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    i dont know how buyer protection works now but a few years ago paypal told me to stop payment thru my visa company and that paypal would reimburse my card. then paypal would end my rights to use paypal in the future, at the time paypal was too convenient to do that for the 20 dollars i was out. dont know how it works now but their protection was not good then
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Like you need another Egg, Darian !!! Have you forgotten the weekend already ?

• bbqjew
    I sent the seller a question asking if they had been a dealer, and the response was that they had not been but a friend of theres was.
    I wonder how many people from the forum purchased eggs from the stock of 10.
    We should stay in touch with each other. If this was a scam, a larger group is a more powerful force than is any individual voice.
    By the way, I have been both a victim of an ebay scam (had not used paypal on that purchase, and was screwed by ebay), and have been protected by paypal's policies (I shy away from using anything but paypal now, and have used them for protection from unreputable sellers in the past).
    Mark
  • Lit
    There are 4 members that I know of that bought a total of 6 eggs. The seller is responding to me also so hopefully that's a good sign.
  • bbqjew
    They just posted another 5 for sale on ebay.
    That almost definitely makes this a scam.
    We will have to stay in touch with each other.

Ugg I hate feeling like i have been taken.

Mark
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Could be clearance.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante