Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody ever use Jeff's Rib Rub?

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was on the Smokin Meat forum and they were talking about "Jeff's Rib Rub Recipe" and me being the rub junkie that I am has me wondering about it. Has anyone ever tried it? How does it work on beef?

Thanks

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I have never heard of it but if folks are talking about it,it is worth a try.I prefer coffee/,pepper based rubs on beef.TIP- a little cocoa powder don't hurt in coffee based rubs. ;)
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I've used it quite a bit. It calls for a lot of brown sugar and I found it sweet enough on ribs to usually not bother with sauce. I tried it on beef ribs once and it was ok but I think it is best on pork. It wasn't bad on chicken either.

I haven't used it much lately since I've found some great off the shelf rubs.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    It's not something that you can buy pre-made or over the counter. It is a recipe that he sells to support the costs of the forum. It's a great rub for pork. The agreement when you buy the recipe is that you will not publish it. There also is a great recipe for BBQ sauce. "He" is Jeff at Smoking Meat Forum.