I just saw a thread that made me think of something we hate to talk about ... total disasters! What is your worst disaster while doing any kind of outdoor cooks?
I think my worst was when during a party. I was cooking 2 chickens using my TEC infrared with rotisserie. I was very happy out back manning the grill when my wife says, "honey, I don't think you're spending enough time inside with the guests". I went inside. Big mistake! about 10 minutes later, my dad says, "son, there is a lot of smoke coming from the grill you better go check it!". When I opened the grill there were two totally blackened (and I don't mean in a good way) chickens which were literally on fire. I went to pull them off, and the bones cracked in half!
The rotisserie had jumped out of the hex hole in the motor. The chickens were low to the grill, and just dropping lots of grease on there.
My father in law snuck out the back, and picked up 2 delicious rotisserie chickens from Publix.
I was the butt end of a LOT of cooking jokes after that.
What are some of your stories?? The funnier the better.