Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Chicken Breasts??

Options
redneck6497
redneck6497 Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My gym trainer told me this weekend he wants me to eat some more lean protein after I told him I smoked brisket, chicken legs, and ribs last weekend.

I'll try and do some boneless skinless breasts

Any ideas on what to do, and how to cook? I was thinking direct, raised grid with dizzy dust.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    redneck6497,

It will work fine. You may want to brine or marinade. They won't dry out as much on the egg as they would on a grill.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    i would suggest getting a new trainer or atleast tell your trainer to get an EGG :laugh: :) :laugh:
  • Waterscapes
    Options
    I melt one stick of butter and garlic and inject into the chicken breast. Apply Dizzy Dust. Set egg indirect to 300 and cook usually takes 30 min or so. Cook until internal is 165. If you want BBQ chicken I add bbq sauce when chicken gets 140 internal.
    Your trainer will love the idea of one stick butter.
  • QBH
    QBH Posts: 49
    Options
    I have been doing them a lot lately too (doctor's suggestion).

I like t pound them thin, to about a quarter of an inch, marinate them, and them grill them over very high heat for a few minutes. Yummy stuff.

You can get a lot of different flavors with various rub/marinade combinations.
  • howmeisterg
    Options
    I think you need to train your trainer! :laugh:
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    You are going to think I am crazy, but I do these 2-3 times a week. I throw B/S breasts and thighs on my small with a raised grid at 400. The crazy part is I throw them on frozen. They come out great, and I dont know why, but they do. I read on the big costco bag o chicken instructions to throw them on frozen, so I gave it a try. I season them right at the end with whatever I am in the mood for. I have two thighs on right now that I will baste with my buffalo sauce here in a few.

EDIT: just went out to flip and took a crappy pic with my iphone to show the raised grid. I think that is they key with these to keep them from getting too dry.
    9b66b6ac.jpg
  • Lovenbrau
    Options
    come work out with me, NO PAIN, NO PAIN!
  • redneck6497
    Options
    Looks like some good stuff. I am going to try and cook them tonight. We'll see what happens.