Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night\'s Brisket Flat....for today\'s games!

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been at least 3 weeks since I've pulled an overnighter cook. After some recent work travel, it's good to be back for the holiday. Ready to engulf a days worth of NFL action today...as junkies like me already know, today is a great slate of meaningful games.

My good friend (best man in my wedding) stopped over and we spent the night like days of old...watching sports, listening to the tunes of Bob Marley, The Grateful Dead, Allman Bros...just having a good old time! Uh, yea...my body is saying it had too much fun this morning.

First crack at a 7# flat (previous all packers), all Sam's had here in lowly Berks Co. PA. :angry:

Rubbed w/ mustard and Tasty Licks Black Bart’s Brisket Rub. 250 with pecan and hickory.

We ended up getting a few hours of sleep, and I’ve just now pulled the flat from the Egg. It’s wrapped and in the cooler now for some much deserved rest. My apologies for no ‘after pics’, somehow I’ve got 4 sets of nicad batteries that are without life. Will try to get some of the sliced views! Crossing fingers on results!

Now I just threw on 3 racks of baby backs…to be enjoyed during the Colts game today. Go Horse!!

IMG_2372.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sounds like a like a greaat night Jason! Enjoy the food and games.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • redneck6497
    Options
    Any post cook pics?
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Yes indeed....again, for what its worth it is my best so far. Didn't know what to expect with this being my fifirst flat.

IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Jason: that is one nice looking flat with a heck of a good smoke ring!

I had some shedded brisket at this OKC Eggfest that the guy put in a food processor . . . totally new experience for me! :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    that looks too good. :woohoo:
    context is important :)