Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Band Bolt Size

Options
ThunderBunny
ThunderBunny Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Want to replace the big band bolts that bend (love alliteration!)
I assume they're 5/16"x2" galvanized and are available at any ACE hardware, right?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Grade 5

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Yes, carriage bolts as I remember. Think grade 5 may be hard to bend Michael.

teve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Options
    My originals are Grade 5. According to the markings on the head anyway.

car02.jpg

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ThunderBunny
    Options
    Thanks much, you guys. Picked them up yesterday at ACE and now just waiting for a new asbestos gasket to complete my Egg "overhaul".
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    An ASBESTOS gasket?!! You just have your materials confused, right?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut