Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker - Why So Long to Ship?

tsheehan7
tsheehan7 Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't complain too much because the website plainly said "ships in 2-3 weeks" when I ordered, so as long as it gets here 2-3 weeks from 12/9/2010, I shouldn't complain. I emailed two days ago to get an estimated delivery date. It's the holidays and I have family coming in and I'm trying to plan my low and slows. Two days later I've got no response.

Again, I can't say they're not doing what they said they'd do, but I can say that I'm unimpressed with customer service so far. My card was charged the day after ordering.

I've seen other posts complaining of the same thing. Isn't someone on the forum (John?) affiliated with them? I just wonder why it takes so long to ship the product. Is it made in China?

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Stoker is a great product but also a small company.
    Returned calls and returned emails have always been a past complaint. I like mine, worth the time.
    Best of luck,
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tsheehan7 wrote:
    I can't complain too much because the website plainly said "ships in 2-3 weeks" when I ordered, so as long as it gets here 2-3 weeks from 12/9/2010, I shouldn't complain.

Then why complain. Why don't you take a few minutes and place a phone call.

They have been slow in responding to emails but when I call I usually get an informative answer. Their service has been fantastic as far as my dealings with them have been.

They do sub-contract out some of their parts and I am guessing they are at the mercy of other people.

Their phone number is clearly listed on the Stoker site. Just make a phone call and ask you question, rather than...

It took a while for me to get my Stoker but I sure do love it and how it works. I had a probe read correctly at freezing and boiling but would be off at other temperatures (our of warranty). I was sent a new probe at no cost to me. Again, out of warranty, I updated my firmware and and got a message it completed but the box wouldn't read the probes. Called the folks and explained the problem. I was told to send it in. They replaced the electronics and I got my 'new' Stoker back with no cost to me.

That's pretty darn good service in my book.

Don't waste your time on email's and give them a call.

GG
  • tsheehan7,

I have had no dealings with them but have heard nothing but good things. I am intrigued though, are you saying you are going to scrub your low temp cooks because you have no stoker?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Call them. They can be a little slow with the e-mail. Even the calls sometimes go unanswered if you leave voice mail. I left some. Called back a little later and got a real human on the other end. Rumor has it they have hired additional help to handle some of the administrative stuff - like e-mail and the phones.

I got my a bit less than 7 days from time of order. Love the thing.
  • i have a stoker and i think it's a great product. having said that, i've had my share of customer service issues as well.
    i dare say that this is one reason small companies remain small companies. just my opinion.
  • I found it much better to call than e-mail.
  • Talked to them today and they are swamped with Christmas orders. That being said, they are shipping on time as the orders from 12/7 went out today...you're getting close.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I have had GREAT service from them. Both product and service are top drawer.

Relax and it will happen.

Don't scrub your cooks. Just "realize you have to stabilize".

Be the stoker, be the stoker!!

Happy Holidays
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER wrote:
    Talked to them today and they are swamped with Christmas orders.

That's good to hear. Good for them and good for us users.

Thanks for the update.

Merry Christmas to you and the crew.

Kent