Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those who have everything!

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://www.igrillinc.com/

I guess if you have an Iphone or Ipad this could be interesting!

Comments

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I've asked for a Maverick ET-732 for Christmas. Might just change that request to this. Looks cool.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is pretty nifty. 200 ft range is pretty good.

Still a little pricey when you can get a maverick ET-73 that comes with 2 probes for about $40. However, it looks like they are sold out right now so I guess there are plenty of folks who disagree!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    If it would tell me the temperature while I'm at Home Depot it would be cool. Right now I think I'll stick with my other toys.

Spring "A Little Hot And A Little Cold" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That $99 price tag is a killer Leroy.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Noticed you can get a second prob: will the unit be able to tell you the cook temp and the egg temp?????????
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    i especially like the doneness chart on the app, should come in handy. beef medium done 171 degrees, lamb medium 177 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just looked it up on iPhone app and only 2 people rated it: very split....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• howmeisterg
    Options
    This looks pretty darn cool - but the probes are only good to 400F. So I guess that means you can't (necessarily) use it to monitor grate temperature. Don't know how rugged the probes would be. 30 day return policy for manufacturing defects only. At 65% higher than the Mav 732, hmmmm.

Seems like a great product improvement idea for a company with experience in temperature monitoring - Maverick - a long range bluetooth model (or wi-fi) with an iphone/ipad/ipod app, and high temp probes.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    lamb and veal to 170?!?!?!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Kind of what I was thinking...

I use an Android phone so maybe the could do an app for that! :evil:
  • howmeisterg
    Options
    This looks pretty darn cool - but the probes are only good to 400F. So I guess that means you can't (necessarily) use it to monitor grate temperature. Don't know how rugged the probes would be. 30 day return policy for manufacturing defects only. At 65% higher than the Mav 732, hmmmm.

Seems like a great product improvement idea for a company with experience in temperature monitoring - Maverick - a long range bluetooth model (or wi-fi) with an iphone/ipad/ipod app, and high temp probes.
  • howmeisterg
    Options
    (oops sorry for the double post)
  • lakebndegger
    Options
    I just spoke with someone from igrill and they said it would be about 5 months before their is a grill temp probe
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    :laugh: Great App got it already on my iphone, TKS!!!!!!!!!