Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No longer an EGG virgin....thanks to the forum....

Options
WVU-Egg
WVU-Egg Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Large Egg last week. First thing I cooked was a chicken and it actually turned out great eventhough I did very little to the chicken before putting it in the egg. Cooked it at 300 for a little over 2 hours.[p]Next were some steaks. Didn't come out that great. Then I found this forum and started reading a lot of the posts and certain web sites with tips.[p]Got the confidence up to cook a #14 turkey on Christmas day and it turned out great. I'm not a huge turkey fan but otherwise I got great reviews from the inlaws.[p]Then tonight I cooked some 2 inch steaks the T-REX method and I will have to say it was probably one of the BEST steaks I have ever had. Next time I'll use a little less sea salt due to preference but otherwise it was PERFECT. [p]I'm hooked.[p]Thanks to all of those on the forum who pass along their expertise.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    WVU-EGG,
    Welcome to your newest adiction..keep cookin, keep readin, and most of all keep postin..your life will never be the same...I have many tips and recipes on my website....HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • WVU-Egg
    Options
    WessB,
    You site is one that I've already bookmarked!!![p]Thanks!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    WVU-EGG,[p]Welcome, glad you had some good cooks. Nothing but better things ahead.[p]CWM
  • tenntom
    Options
    WVU-EGG,
    Then if you can't find it..somebody will either have or know where you can find it..Happy New Year for ChooChoo town..Have fun with the egg

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    WVU-EGG,
    Nice to see another Mountie on the Forum.[p]Welcome and wish me luck on my way to Jax Thurs!!!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Wardster,
    Good luck coming to JAX, and welcome to our fair city. Most of us locals will be staying off the roads, but we hope you have an excellent weekend here![p]Joyce

• WVU-Egg
    Options
    Wardster,
    Have fun in Jacksonville and please bring back a victory!! I considered going but my parents just moved to Lexington, KY so we're taking the kids to their new house and my brother is coming down from Columbus. Only problem is my father is a Hokie. So we might just kick him out of his own house if he says something stupid, which he will.[p]Also, my father is wanting me to take my van and pick up a new gas grill at Lowes. I've tried to sell him on the EGG but he's just plain stupid.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    WVU-EGG,[p]Might want to use kosher salt instead of sea salt. It is cut larger and you don't get as much on the steak. Also, to pull off the salt thing without going into immediate kidney failure, you have to have a good high heat for your sear to burn off that crust a bit. I haven't found the perfect happy medium yet, but still working on it happily.[p]mShark