Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo ribs on the mini

HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Phone pics not so good.

2010-12-12122057.jpg
Cat and used two different sauces.
2010-12-12122815.jpg
Taffy apple salad my wife made for desert.
2010-12-12124511.jpg

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Turbo ribs are lookin good! And I love the Ken Onion (I have one myself).

~Alex
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Good looking ribs Al, so talk a little about them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    I made the ribs just so I could use the knife.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    What sauces are those Al? I'm glad you're loving your new knife. It's purdy!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HungryMan
    Nothing special. Dome at 200-250. The ribs sit very close to the lump. 90 min or so and they were done. Once again, tender but not fall of the bone.
  • HungryMan
    Danny Bald Head. Not sure if it's local only here. Tastes good but no big deal. The other is from Windsor, Tunnel BBQ. Been ordering from them since I moved to FL in 1976. A lot more to the tunnel story, only if you used their stuff.
  • cookn biker
    Checking out the website. There is a three pack of sauces I think I'll get. Sweet, hot and cook off. Which do you like?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • HungryMan
    There is a whole family story behind the place. From what I heard brother and sister was running it. They split after several years. Now the sister has the original recipe. From what I understand it's true. Here is the link www.valeriesflavours.com I always loved the hot. But the cook off and sweet is good. The dry all purpose was my go to for years until I got the egg. Now I find it a bit salty.
  • HungryMan
    If the USA stores have stock, it might be better priced on shipping. (Valierie's) You can get the story on her web page. Must have been a nasty split up.
  • cookn biker
    I just went here.

http://tunnelbarbq.com/

I remember hearing that story.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • about the Ken Onion Shun on Amazon. I've ordered one and while it is back-ordered I'll get it eventually. My life's ambition is to be like YOU :laugh: B)
  • HungryMan
    Fail a few more time and you will be just like me. Mine came quick. Ordered it on Sunday and chose free shipping to arrive on Fri. If I wanted to pay it would have come Thursday. Well, it arrived on Wednesday.