Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

smoked ABTs?

ATXATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing a few racks of babybacks here in a few hours. Was thinking about tossing on a few ABTs. Do they cook well at that low of temps? Don't want my bacon to taste like rubber bands.
Thanks ya'll
A

Comments

• I'm probably chiming in too late for your cook, but I prefer to cook them at about 250° dome. I use regular (thin) sliced bacon and find that low and slow lets the bacon render and get crispy. Usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours.

Here's my last ABT cook. Lots of sugar maple for smoke wood and stuffed with cream cheese, minced buckboard bacon, onion soup mix and chiptle powder. Sprinkled the chipotle powder on the bacon, too. Best results, to date. 250° dome indirect for about 2 hours.

db046e95.jpg

Hope you decided to do them. Should be excellent!

Joe
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Those look fantastic. I decided on tater salad and pinto beans to go with the ribs instead of ABTs. But I think I'll fire up some of these badboys tomorrow for game time munchin.

Thanks, Amaury
  • Thanks, Amaury. They got rave reviews at the poker game I brought them to. Let us know how they come out if you git-r-dun tomorrow.

Joe