Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elf Tweety, you have set a new standard!!

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you VERY much. Doubt we will ever rival the "Chicken Ranch" but we now have our first real resident thanks to you. Never have enough rubs & especially one I hadn't tried. The coffees look great, anything with pecan flavor has to be good, can't wait to try them.
Tom
DSCN1127.jpg

Comments

• Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    I knew I'd be able to find a "Rusty Rooster" if I looked long enough and sure enough, we found one. I'm sure the Chicken Coop started with just one chicken too! Hope you enjoy your "Rusty Rooster"!

We love those rubs, especially the pecan. I thought you could use the coffee as a beverage or rub. Either way, it's from Texas and I hope you enjoy it all.

Have a blessed Christmas!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    That is one great gift! I trust that like the American Express card, you'll never leave home without it. I look forward to seeing it at the next Egg fest.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Thank you again for all of it. My wife decided the "rooster" should reside right here above our computer & not out in the weather with our egg so I can see him anytime.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hey! Cool gift. Now that you have a resident-rooster you can start your own Chicken Ranch. Once started, it grows quickly and is loads of fun.

Spring "Lots-a-Rust" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    I have wanted to build a roof over my egg for years. Similar to the one Sparky used to have if you remember. Then we could allow this resident to stay with our egg. Till then, looks pretty good right here!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I've seen some pretty nifty roof designs over the years but I don't recall what his looks like. All I know is that cooking under a roof is better, especially if there's good air circulation.

Spring "Down Under The Roof" Chicken