Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How To Search For 3 Letter Word?

JasperJasper Posts: 378
edited 4:51AM in Forum Feedback
I want to search for all the ham cooks people have posted. Unfortunately, "ham" is a 3 letter word and the search engine won't allow it. I've tried the various wild cards I know of, didn't help.

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    upper right window which says "site search". type in 'ham'.

works for me
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    if you have the google tool bar, you can type in the word "ham", and instead of clicking the regular google search, you can restrict the search to this site only

here>> Google Site-Search for "Ham"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JasperJasper Posts: 378
    Thanks for the tips. Searching for site:eggheadforum.com ham brings up results from the forums.
  • WMKWMK Posts: 1,747
    Jasper,

You're right, we've configured the search index to skip three letter words to save space and time on the server, but there are a few important three letter words aren't there? :-).

We'll have to look into whether there's a way to configure the index to recognize certain three letter words w/out having to include words like "the" too.

Meanwhile, the suggestions elsewhere in this thread might be a good work-around; and, we'll also look into a Google search link for a site restricted search also to make "going Google" easier.