Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AlwaysGolf the Bacon Man

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
AlwaysGolf came by at lunch today and brought me some bacon he made.
HE DID GOOD B)
I tried it out of the bag and very good. Next fried it with eggs and even better.
Thank you Alvin
photo-4.jpg
Went to Alvins world yesterday. We sponsor the 82nd Field Artillery at Fort Hood. They took me and one other out to an up close & personal look see at their weapons and a couple of helicopters blowing up crap. We had to have on the protection gear as all was live fire. We blow crap up well.
photo-2.jpg
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dang good friend ya gots there Mickey!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Awesome bacon! Sounds like a very cool experience getting up close and personal with the folks at Fort Hood! What an opportunity - I'd love to do that! :laugh:
  • Mickey
    Options
    He is a good friend, but his wife and kids are good looking :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    E that was a cool deal. Do not belive all you get on tv as this group is headed back in just a few months...

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I don't believe most of what is reported on television - and print media is not much better. It's hell over there, many people in our country are absolutely clueless and cannot correlate the fact that if not for those who willingly serve in our armed forces we'd be in a huge heap of crap. I can really get on a soapbox about it - by and large our military, law enforcement officers, and a lot of our elected officials are so underappreciated and it's just wrong.
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Mickey I saw those pics of you on FB yesterday and thought that the Army had up the enlistment age and you had decided to give it a go. The gear looks good on you!!

Glad you enjoyed the bacon! It is really easy to make if you need a bag of the cure just let me know. Thanks for the compliments of the family!! Must be those southern Moultrie roots that ya'll share that ya'll get along so well!!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Them Southern Girls :)
    Did you have to keep all that stuff on last year? I did not have anything hooked on my vest and it weighted 30 lbs and hot as hell. Then the helment....
    I do not see how they do it in 114 weather.
    I was sore this morning from about 4 hours of lugging it around. Sure glad we did not need it. But they said it would be a lot of paper work if we did :ohmy: :pinch:

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    True about them southern girls! :)

No did not have to wear that stuff around the whole year. So you must have had the plates in it. They do wear a ton. And there is still more plates that they can strap on it!!