Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

oooh boy...Littleton Coin Co

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in Off Topic
long after our order was in the mail we read the tail script about their Coins-on-approval crap. Having been burnt by the age old book/record/whatever scheme did I just get taken again? More importantly can I get out?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Just tell them to keep the change! Sorry, I couldn't help myself :blush:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    anything sold or marketed as a collectible is rarely collectible.

i would be suspect of any organization that sent stuff out on a prospective basis
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    first and only purchase of coins I wanted arrived today that I had already paid for. They had also enclosed 2 coins mailed "on an approval" basis that they want $37 for. I've already packaged and sent them back along with a request to cancel my account. This "on approval" sales tactic brought back too many bad vibes we had experienced in the 70's from those record and book clubs since I was traveling quite a bit and had to eat records and books received that I couldn't return in time. I'm NOT saying that was the intent of Littleton Coin Company as I'm sure they are a very reputable company! It's just that I don't care to be in the approval position EVER again.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Columbia record and tape company... those were the days. :laugh:

we used to fill them out and put other people's names on them :whistle:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante